Diet Pop impact on weight (Read 1723 times)

xor

No one has mentioned soda-pop.  Best of both worlds.  But redundant.

"I even have a brother named Sodapop. Says so right on his birth certificate."

Dear mikeymike,

Since I quoted The Outsiders, will you like me again?

Tab still exists.  In two forms, even.  I've seen it in regular soda/coke/pop cans.  And as an energy drink in the skinny red bull-like can.

I haven't had it since I was a kid.  Old school Tab, like Diet-Rite, was nasty business.

Wow.  I can't believe they still make it.

The last time I saw Tab was around 1983 or so.  I hadn't had it since the mid-70s when my mom drank it a lot.

Also, does anyone remember Pepsi Lite?  it had lemon in it.  To counteract the horrible sachrinne taste.  That lasted a year or so in the mid-70s also before it died out.

Jeff

http://www.thecoca-colacompany.com/brands/product_list_t.html

TaB, TaB Energy and TaB X-tra are there.

Jeff

xor

Does Tab Clear still exist?  I used to love that stuff when I was little (well more little)...but I guess it would taste rank these days.

The "clear" drinks didn't last long here in the states. I don't think you can get Tab Clear or whatever we called it.

I do remember Crystal Pepsi.  Supposedly it tasted "just like" pepsi but was, you know, clear.

Except it didn't.

It was one funky drink.

"I even have a brother named Sodapop. Says so right on his birth certificate."

Dear mikeymike,

Since I quoted The Outsiders, will you like me again?

Sodapop is something your grandparents drink.

Jeff

xor

Pepsi Lite lasted a number of years in Texas.  It's been gone a long time, of course, but you can get derivations of Diet Coke with lime (and lemon, at least for awhile).

There was also "Pepsi Free" for awhile in the 80s.  It wasn't a diet drink.  It is what we now know as "Caffeine Free Pepsi".  Pepsi Free was the second piece of a big joke in Back to the Future (Tab being the first piece of the joke).  This joke still makes sense, sort of, but it was always a weird joke because Tab -> Pepsi Free -> "something without sugar" (he gets coffee in return) implies Pepsi Free was a diet drink and it wasn't.

(Diet Pepsi Free was the sugar-free version)

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Wow.

Heartless.

My grandparents are all dead.

Wow.

Heartless.

My grandparents are all dead.

So are mine.  And my parents.  Maybe they had too much sodapop.

Jeff

Tab Clear isn't sold over here either, so I guess I'll just have to remember it fondly.

We've had variants of Coca Cola and Pepsi, although I don't remember Pepsi Free or Crystal.  Caffeine-free Diet Coke,  Lemon (diet and non-diet), Cherry (diet and non-diet), Lime, Cream Soda have all been around.  Now it's mainly the cherry variants, the caffeine-free diet stuff, plus regular, diet and coke zero.  Pepsi is Pepsi Max (maximum taste no sugar), Pepsi, Diet Pepsi and occasionally Lemon, but mainly just the normal stuff.  Coke is more popular over here.

I've never had RC Cola, will have to hunt it out.

Mountain Dew has made a comeback over here, that's a scary looking drink.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

xor

RC Cola (Royal Crown) always just tasted like weak pepsi to me.  I wouldn't seek it too aggressively.

(either I'm being sincere or I'm trying to draw out the RC fanatics into a round of "you suck!, No, you suck!")

Cherry (diet and non-diet),

Mmmm.  Cherry Coke.  Awesome stuff.

Once again, back in the mid-70s early 80s, we used to make our own before Coke made it (or, before it went national). 

Half Coke and half Frank's Black Cherry Wishniak.

Jeff

#artbydmcbride

Cactus Cooler

Runners run

I'll probably try the RC Cola and then be disappointed, but at least I can have the satisfaction of trying it.  Usually I'm trying to find Root Beer to bring home, so hunting for a different drink will be a bit more interesting.

TT, I like Cherry Coke too, although sadly the diet one...and no I'm not obese.  I also like the Pepsi version.  Homemade cherry stuff may well be nicer than the real thing.

I used to be a big diet soda drinker, Pepsi Max was my choice, or diet cherry coke.  I don't like diet coke or diet pepsi very much.  I've slowly weened off them though, thankfully, my old intake cannot have been good for me...I used to drink a pint of Pepsi Max before breakfast when I was an undergrad, and then another 1.5 litres throughout the day.  Eurgh.

"Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow.  Don't walk behind me; I may not lead.  Just walk beside me and be my friend."

keeponrunning

For some reason when I was in Italy I could not find non-carbonated water to drink.  I survived off of Pepsi Max for 10 days.  I also came back and my pants didn't fit.  Although that may have more to do with the pastries......

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Pepsi Free was damn tasty. I wish they'd bring it back.

A potato that eats potato chips. Hmmm.

A list of my PRs in a misguided attempt to impress people that do not care.