Don't let anyone tell you it can't be done (Read 1083 times)

Doug Little

5 years ago: Male 52 years old 327+ lbs Blood sugar 300+, cholesterol about the same........heck..ALL my numbers were wrong and deadly. I worked up a sweat, thinking about working up a sweat. Today: 180 Lbs and I placed first,in my age group, at the Knoxville, Tn 5K. Just a little over 24!! I post this not to brag but as an example of a thought out process. I chanegd my eating habits, started walking, walking turned in to jogging and the story goes on. To my luck, there are no medical problems and I am on NO meds, with all my numbers low. The biggest thing I didn't do: Was go on a diet. I didn't go on a diet, I just cut back, used my head, ate when I 'needed' to. Today, it is a way of life. I travel alot and make time for a workout or local park run, instead of ordering in that Pizza to the hotel room. Anyone want some size 52" pants? Mine are now 36 and a little baggy. I even lost a shoe size. Speaking of shoes, I have more running shoes than work shoes. Go get 'em. Doug
    Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations, Doug! Thanks for sharing your story. I'm already telling my kids that running is much more fun and effective than dieting! Great job on winning your age group, too!
        Congrats Doug! Awesome accomplishments. Smile
        FastTalkingFatty

I love that you didn't diet! congratulations

<www.runningahead.com/groups/veggies/

5 years ago: Male 52 years old 327+ lbs Blood sugar 300+, cholesterol about the same........heck..ALL my numbers were wrong and deadly. I worked up a sweat, thinking about working up a sweat. Today: 180 Lbs and I placed first,in my age group, at the Knoxville, Tn 5K. Just a little over 24!! I post this not to brag but as an example of a thought out process. I chanegd my eating habits, started walking, walking turned in to jogging and the story goes on. To my luck, there are no medical problems and I am on NO meds, with all my numbers low. The biggest thing I didn't do: Was go on a diet. I didn't go on a diet, I just cut back, used my head, ate when I 'needed' to. Today, it is a way of life. I travel alot and make time for a workout or local park run, instead of ordering in that Pizza to the hotel room. Anyone want some size 52" pants? Mine are now 36 and a little baggy. I even lost a shoe size. Speaking of shoes, I have more running shoes than work shoes. Go get 'em. Doug
            Up for my " Top Ten HTFU" stories of the year. YOU GO BOY..... Thanks for brightening MY and I am sure LOTS of everyone's days, and reminding us all why we love exercise so much..... It's all YOU. Congratulations and HIGH FIVE... Smile

Life Goal- Stay Cancer Free, Live my Best Life

" Choose Joy, Today and ALWAYS" 

The Greatest of All Time

Great story! A real inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
              all you touch and all you see, is all your life will ever be

Obesity is a disease. Yes, a disease where nothing tastes bad...except salads.
              jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

That. Is. Awesome.

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

Now, thats what I call an inspirational story.. Top post Doug - keep pushin the pavement Wink
                  Goals for 2008: 10k - Phoenix Park - 6 April 48:47 1/2 Marathon - Longford - 24 August Marathon - Dublin - 27 October. Its Man v Distance. Distance is in trouble.
                    Up for my " Top Ten HTFU" stories of the year.
                    Heck yeah, I agree! What a great story... awesome job! - Chris

My legs are killing me

Doug - YOU DA MAN!!!!!!!! That is a great story and it goes to show people that they can change their habits at any age. You should be proud of yourself! What does your family think of the "new" Doug?
                        Doug, That is a great success story. A 24 min 5K is nothing to sneeze at, Way to go and thanks for the inspirational story.
                        JakeKnight

I love these stories. Its the reason I come here.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                          -----------------------------

Doug, you are inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing!
                              Awesome. Cool. Inspirational.

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?" - Steven Wright

Excellent story.
                                Go get 'em.
                                Indeed.

"Good-looking people have no spine. Their art never lasts. They get the girls, but we're smarter." - Lester Bangs