garmin 201 wristband (Read 268 times)

R2E

"run" "to" "eat"

yes, i wear a garmin 201.

it's great, and i love it, but there's one problem -- the velcro wristband has really lost its grip. garmin says they don't make wristbands for the 201 anymore. the thing actually looks like it might be built into the casing.

any ideas how to replace this wristband? (please don't reply, get a new garmin. that's not really feasible. thanks.)

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Prince of Fatness

Get a velcro wristband, cut the old band off, then attach the new band with duct tape.  Duct tape fixes everything.

Either that or buy a new Garmin.

Semi-retired.

an amazing likeness

I'd suggest a slight modification to MrFinn's suggestion....cut off the current band, leaving about 1" of the straps that are built in, and stitch the replacement band to those stubs with nylon 'thread'.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless

Prince of Fatness

I was sort of joking about the duct tape, but anyway according to the owner's manual you can remove the strap.

To remove the wrist strap from the Forerunner:
          1. Place your Forerunner on a cloth or soft surface to avoid scratching the case.
          2. While holding the Forerunner steady with one hand, use a jewelers band pin removing tool
          or a very soft flat head screwdriver to catch the spring bar’s loaded stem and pull it back
          enough for the band to clear the case’s edge.
          3. To reinstall, insert the spring bar into the wristband and place one side of the spring bar
          into one pinhole.
          4. Compress the spring bar, and snap it into the other pinhole. Be sure that the spring bars are
          secure in the pinholes before using your Forerunner.

If that is the case I may still have my old 201 laying around and would be happy to send you the strap.  I will look this evening if you are interested.

Semi-retired.

R2E

"run" "to" "eat"

mr finn, that would be swell!

p.s. i looked a little closer at my 201 and yes, i can see where the pins are just like on a normal watch. 

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams