races near to your home (Read 252 times)

thumshaj

my favourite race route is just 2km away from home. it is a charity run. It was my first race, it is my regular running route(5k loop) Another hill race, which take place just a km away from home. there are other few 10k, HM races which are also few kms away from home, easily reachable by public transport.

PRS 10K 00:49:15 HM 1:51:30 FM 4:11:30 

beat

Break on through

There used to be a 5K race about a mile from my home.  It was nice to be able to warm up just by jogging from home to the race.  And being able to run the course in training throughout the year made me feel like I had some sort of advantage of knowing the course when it came time to race it.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

There is a really dumb marathon that starts and finishes just a few miles from my house.

JimR

I've run a masters race several times that starts a 2 minute walk away from my house.

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

I am really fortunate to live less that a mile from the Lake Harriet Bandshell in Minneapolis. There are at least a couple of races per month that either start there or pass by. A perfect warmup jog away from my front door and it is a really nice place to visit in general (ice cream shop, free music and other cool stuff. The main concern is dropping $30 - $50 per race all the time, so I usually just train around there and select a couple races per year that I really want to participate in. If you are a runner visiting Minneapolis just show up there and you will find plenty of others to join up with.

http://wkphotography.com/gallery/13_Season/COL/index.html

There used to be a 5K race about a mile from my home.  It was nice to be able to warm up just by jogging from home to the race.  And being able to run the course in training throughout the year made me feel like I had some sort of advantage of knowing the course when it came time to race it.

Don't blame me! I definitely liked that old course with that downhill finish.

(and see you this weekend I presume)

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Feeling the growl again

There is a 10K I run every year that runs on my favorite long run course.  However, 9 miles one way to the start is a bit much for a warmup/cooldown.

There is not much near my house...except the annual beer mile, which is only a hop, skip and stumble from my back porch.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Slo

The closest race is a 5k which starts and ends two blocks from my house. There are 3 races that start within 2 miles from my front door and 3 that are less than 4 miles away.

catwhoorg

Labrat

My 5K last weekend is 3.5 miles from the house.

Last year there was a 5K inside the neighbourhood,

Startline was about half a mile on a direct route. I took a longer way to get a better warm up. Finished 2nd in the AG by about yard. Winner and I had been going at it in the uphill sprint finish and he just held on

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

mikeymike

There's a 5k that starts/finishes a half mile from my house and runs past my house twice. I missed it this year due to pneumonia. There are a bunch of races that start/finish at a lake about 2 miles from me. I'm the RD of a race that starts finishes 1.4 miles from my house.

So yeah.

Runners run

Walk-Jogger

There is a really dumb marathon that starts and finishes just a few miles from my house.

Carpe diem; carpe viam; carpe simiam.

Retired &  Loving It

Joann Y

Being in Chicago, there are a ton of races within the city and easily reachable by public transportion. Plenty of options but also so many people kind of makes most of them undesirable (at least for me). Just looking now and found two 5ks about 1 mile from my house. Had no idea. They look really small as far as numbers go...maybe it's cheating but an AG placement doesn't look too hard, even at my level. Something to look forward to next year.

There is a 2.7 mile race the day before the Boston Marathon that ends one street over from where I used to live. In 2012, I was leading the race and out of habit I made the turn onto my street. Caught myself almost instantly and got back on course for the win but it was an embarassing detour...

redleaf

There is a 2.7 mile race the day before the Boston Marathon that ends one street over from where I used to live. In 2012, I was leading the race and out of habit I made the turn onto my street. Caught myself almost instantly and got back on course for the win but it was an embarassing detour...

That's kind of awesome though.

First or last...it's the same finish line

HF #4362

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

There are a couple 5Ks at the university where I do a lot of my training runs. Start and finish about a mile from my door.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.