Problem on Hip/Upper Leg (Read 71 times)

kayr0

Hey there, my name is Ricardo and I'm a runner from Portugal. Currently,  I'm going through a really nagging problem on my right leg, basically what happens is that if I'm doing a longer run or even a speed workout, what happens is that my right leg will want to swing, or buckle (if that's the correct term), to the outside. Like if the inner part of my leg would just lose strength, and my abductors will just pull the leg outside. Although, if I start to feel this and I stop for a few seconds mid run, and then resume, I'm able to keep running for a few more kms before it happens again.

At first I thought this would be the hip flexors, but after doings tons of strength work, stretches and massage I still have the issue. Then I moved to my chiropractor, since she is also a PT, she said it might be my right hip which was lower than the left.

So she adjusted my whole body, but the issue is still there. This doesn't happen during easy days, nor if I do longer runs on terrain with hills, it only happens on flat ground (after several kms) and when I'm doing speed work, or just a faster pace.

I've been doing some research, and I've been reading that if the adductors have trigger points then they might not work properly and the leg will want to swing laterally to the outside. I''ve been doing a lot of massage for that area (in terms of flexibility everything fine as my PT checked it as well) , so I'm hoping this thing will go away and I'll be able to do some quality training, without stopping mid run, and get in shape for my 2nd Marathon in October.

I'm asking for opinions here, before going again to my PT (mostly for monetary reasons), to see if someone has gone through this or even if someone knows what the heck is going on with my leg.