Your favorite running-related gift? (Read 813 times)

I got 2 pair - black for trails and white for roads - of Injinji toe socks. These are supposed to prevent toe blisters, which I get regularly when running longer distances. Very cool! Big grin Can't wait to use them! I gave my husband, also a runner, the latest mini Ipod shuffle and the Garmin 205 GPS, to replace our old Garmin 201 What other cool gifts were going around this year?
    Next up: A 50k in ? Done: California-Oregon-Arizona-Nevada (x2)-Wisconsin-Wyoming-Utah-Michigan-Colorado
      GPS and under armour, and possibly something else tonight, those socks sound awesome actually, wouldnt mind getting a pair of those

"Our workouts are longer than our shorts" SHS XC 2008

vicentefrijole

Nice running socks make a great gift for ANY runner! (hint, hint) Big grin

My dogs are fast, not me

I got a Garmin 205 (didn't even know DH knew about those!), fuel belt, and a couple of pairs of shorts.

Robin

Garmin 305, and a new pair of shoes! Big grin
              Wow, lots of new Garmin owners. I'm predicting an upflow of traffic in the Gears & Wears forum as questions arise ....

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

derek

I bought my wife a Forerunner 205 which I actually gave her early. She just recently started running, but hasn't been running regularly nor recently. I've been "borrowing" the FR 205 and I actually have a lot more miles and time on it that she has :-) I plan to get by own FR 305 in the 1-2 months to replace my Polar S625X. I much prefer the FR for running than the S625X.

Derek

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Pink iPod Nano...and I got my MIL and brother (and someone else who posts here and has been AWOL, so she probably won't see this, anyhow) some Smartwool running socks. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

The Garmin FR 205 I bought myself prior to Christmas. (I temporarily decided I should celebrate the jewish holiday instead, capitalizing on the opportunity to acquire my running toys sooner.) I also bought like 8-10 running books on Half.com for like a buck a piece.
                      I definitely had a running Christmas. Smile I got an Underarmour l/s shirt, a Mizuno l/s shirt, a couple other l/s shirts, a Mizuno pullover, lots of running socks, pepper spray, a reflective band/ blinky thing for running at night, a pair of new shoes, an ipod and that nike+ thing and a fleece jacket with that gore technology to make it windproof and a pair of Goretex gloves. And my stocking was full of Jelly Belly Sport Beans. Big grin I asked everyone I knew for running stuff. LOL! Teresa
                        Got a pair of Asics Gel-Landreths. It was kind of unexpected but always nice to get new sneaks. It's nice to have a sister who works for a running specialty store.

Runners run

Finished!

I got a Road ID! Smile And I love it - esp since I'll be starting to run longer training runs on the weekends that will keep me out for a couple hours as I continue to build mileage...
                          Walk + Jog = wog.
                          I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
                          I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
                            Got a pair of Asics Gel-Landreths.
                            My favorite model of running shoes ever. Awesome shoes, though the mesh is notsogood if you step in a puddle or run in the snow. Your toes get cold. I got a gym membership, which is definitely one of the best things for my running (or what's left of it after just returning from half a year away from it).
                              My Polar RS200 and the charms my kids got me for my italian bracelet. One is a runner the other is a weight lifter.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Wingz

Professional Noob

Got a Fuel Belt! Big grin Sure, I had to help Santa figure out where to get it... but more than worth it since my leaking Camelback bit the dust earlier this month. Roll eyes

Roads were made for journeys...