Virtual 5K invitation to all RunningAHEAD members 6/4 (Read 1232 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, All! Anyone want to sign up for a virtual 5K? Deal is, we all go out and run 3.1 miles and then post back here with our times. I suggest next Saturday so people can find an acutal race to run in (and I'm already signed up for one... how convenient for me!). If you can't find a race, just mark off 3.1 or set your treadmill. The good news is I won't charge anyone an entrance fee for entering my race. The bad news is the only prizes are bragging rights, and if you hurt yourself I take no responsibility. (That includes YOU, zoom-zoom and backroadrunner!) Anybody out there want to race? Smile Janell ps - If you can't make the Saturday date, try to see if you can get it in earlier so we can all post back at about the same time...

Roads were made for journeys...

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Oh, what a cool idea! We should do this every month. I'm not sure if I will be able to do that this week, but if we do them fairly often I think I could do that. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

That is a great idea! We definitely should hold monthly virtual races. I think people should "sign up" before the race so that we can hold each other accountable.
        Wingz

Professional Noob

So... are you signing up or am I going to wup your tail by default? >:] (heh heh heh. I know he's twice as fast as me, but if he doesn't sign up I'll win...)

The Floor Walker

Good idea. This is perfect cause I already planned on racing my hometown's 5k this Saturday! So, count me in. I'll report back with my results Sat. evening Smile
              Count me in. No races in the local area, but I can do a short run on Saturday. And I'll take the official slow person but whupping!! Big grin
              So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
              Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Can we expand the race a little to include a 5 miler too?
                Wingz

Professional Noob

How about you time the first 3 miles of the 5 miles and just report that time? I think there's some wiggle room between 3 and 3.1 miles if you're actually pacing yourself for more. As self-appointed race director, I think I can allow that... Maybe next month we'll throw in "heat minutes" Tee hee hee!

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I also think we some more pre-race trash talking... You first Big grin
                    Wingz

Professional Noob

I also think we some more pre-race trash talking... You first Big grin
                      I guess I'd better get it in now 'cause when I leave you in the dust on Saturday you won't be able to hear me... Yo mama dresses you funny, Leprechaun Boy! And everyone knows marathoners can't run 3.1 miles... Big grin Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Leprechaun Boy...OMG...ROTFLMAO!!! Big grin Ooh...now I'm afraid of what nickname Janell might devise for me...

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Well - you did see the shamrock on his shirt, right?... Wink

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

I guess I'd better get it in now 'cause when I leave you in the dust on Saturday you won't be able to hear me... Yo mama dresses you funny, Leprechaun Boy! And everyone knows marathoners can't run 3.1 miles... Big grin Tongue
                            My people were persecuted for centuries by your people. Even when we immigrated to the land of the free, the taunting continues. When will we learn that the Irish are people too? Big grin
                            Wingz

Professional Noob

Ooh...now I'm afraid of what nickname Janell might devise for me...
                              He *specifically* asked for trash-talk. I have far too much respect for THE REST of you guys (notice I said THE REST, not ALL) to do such a thing without ::ahem:: provocation. Wink Don't be afraid. My bite is much worse than my bark... Tongue

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Phew...I think. Wink k

~ Sarah Kay