Running Wizard? Asking just in case... (Read 129 times)

Oh roo roooo!

Hi, Eric.  First of all, disclaimer:  I do realize that Running Wizard and RA are 2 separate things.  I have a question on RW as explained below.  I did use the "contact us" feature on RW, but I also posted to the RW subforum here on RA looking for advice.  One person mentioned they had a similar situation and never did receive a reply thru the "contact us" feature but said that they did ask you for help and you were able to do so.  Hence my posting here to you.

Here is my situation:  I recently started a Running Wizard training plan, using a 5-miler I ran in December 2012 as the basis for pace recommendations, etc..  However, I ran a 15K several days ago, and when I enter this time (1:28:02) into the "race predictor" window on the RW site, I get recommendations that are about 35 seconds per mile slower than the existing ones that were calculated off the 5-mile time.  It seems to me that the 15K, being much more recent, is a better yardstick of my current fitness (or lack thereof) and I'd imagine it would be better for me to use those pace ranges and mileage recommendations.

The person I spoke with in the RW forum said that you had been able to reset their RW program using a different race result than the one they originally entered.  I figured I'd ask just in case this was, in fact, something you could/would be able to do for me.  If not, I'll just have to adjust things downward myself on each workout, which is certainly not the end of the world.

Thanks for your time and for everything you do w/RA in general!

eric :)

Hi honeypig,

The relationship between Running Wizard and RA has never been publicly clarified.  I've known Nobby since 2007.  He asked for my help back in 2010 with the previous version of RW.  In 2011, he fired his web developer and I took over the development of the site.  The code was so bad that I scrapped the whole thing and built the current RW site from scratch.  I have continued to support the site but at a very limited basis because I'm still waiting for a contract from Nobby and Lorraine to compensate me for the work done as well as the work moving forward.  Needless to say, I have not been paid.

I still answer all technical support emails that come to me so I'm guessing you sent email(s) for training support, which goes to Nobby.  He has been busy and I'm not going to comment on how he operates the website.  I can reset your training plan if you like.  Let me know if this is indeed what you want.

eric Smile

xhristopher

Eric, you are a good man. Thanks for all the passion you have poured into THIS invaluable site.

TeaOlive

old woman w/hobby

Eric, you are a good man. Thanks for all the passion you have poured into THIS invaluable site.

+1

steph  

kcam

+1.  Thanks, Eric.  RA is the only website of the many I visit that I actually pay to use.  You should be proud of creating / providing such a high-value site to the running community.

eric :)

Thanks guys for your donations!  There haven't been much RA updates lately.  I've been busy working on a new service for RA and I'm about to wrap it up.  I'm just as happy that I don't have to divert my attention to Nobby's site because I already got too much work lined up on RA.  I do wish Nobby would hurry up with the contract because he's turning people away by still using PayPal to collect payments.  I told him back in May that if he uses a real credit card processor like RA, he can double his membership without any other changes.

Oh roo roooo!

+1.  Thanks, Eric.  RA is the only website of the many I visit that I actually pay to use.  You should be proud of creating / providing such a high-value site to the running community.

+1, this site is by far the best and the only one I pay for also.  A great big thanks again, Eric, and I hope things get straightened out w/RW and the contract.  It seems RW could only benefit from having you involved.