driving in a crowded state (Read 821 times)

jfa

the most conjested that is.

I wish........

jpdeaux

I get it. But the reason I think it's unrealistic is that we get 9-mile backups because people have to stop to read the words "Keep Right. Construction Ahead". Even when the sign has said the same thing the last 23 days they've driven by it on their way to work.

A Saucy Wench

dh and I commented when we moved out here to the PNW that lane discipline is worse than any other place we've lived  including Cleveland which was shocking.  People LIVE in the left lane even if the right is totally open.  Pass on the right all the time. 

Only to be told by a local that he was taught that unless you are entering or exiting the highway you should be in the left lane always always always.  This was confirmed by several other locals.  Maybe the system worked prior to the 1990's when I think the population of the seattle portland corridor doubled with out of staters. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

keeponrunning

I'm from Ontario, Canada and commute between cities every day (read:  on highway).  I cannot figure out why people cannot read and drive.  I also cannot figure out if everyone is already over well before the lane ends, why when there is construction people still insist on driving 20km/hr in a 100km/hr zone just cause there is one lane open and not two.  

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

Prince of Fatness

I drive the death road to work.  It's a lot of fun I tell you.

Not at it at all. 

Hey! That's I-684 on the NY/CT line, just before I swing my Subaru on past the bridge there to go up 22 every damn day!

http://www.interstate-guide.com/images684/i-684_ny_nt_22.jpg

What do I win? 45 mins more in traffic? A couple of middle fingers? Some bread truck exhaust?

Come all you no-hopers, you jokers and rogues
              We're on the road to nowhere, let's find out where it goes

Hey! That's I-684 on the NY/CT line, just before I swing my Subaru on past the bridge there to go up 22 every damn day!

http://www.interstate-guide.com/images684/i-684_ny_nt_22.jpg

What do I win? 45 mins more in traffic? A couple of middle fingers? Some bread truck exhaust?

That's funny.  My in-laws live near there.  I've gone straight on 22, then into CT MANY times.

Jeff

#artbydmcbride

I'm from Ontario, Canada and commute between cities every day (read:  on highway).  I cannot figure out why people cannot read and drive.  I also cannot figure out if everyone is already over well before the lane ends, why when there is construction people still insist on driving 20km/hr in a 100km/hr zone just cause there is one lane open and not two.  

I do believe that is the law when passing construction people.  Also when passing stopped emergency vehicles.  but not that slow  Smile

On October 31, 2005, the Traffic Safety Act was amended to help create safer work situations for emergency workers, construction crews, and tow truck operators.

This legislation proclaimed to make it an offence to pass emergency workers, highway construction crews and tow truck operators at a speed greater than 60 km/h in the lane occupied by the emergency vehicle, construction workers or tow truck operators.

Runners run