Elevation goes to sea level when crossing bridges (Read 1567 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

This is especially true in the Netherlands. If you are committing the crime of walking in a bike lane, you will be, at the least, yelled at. At the most, thumped soundly. Don't mess with the bike paths in Holland. 

Dutchie? 

Bike culture in Holland is intriguing.  I seem to recall that there are more bikes than cars over there.  I've seen photos of "parking lots" that are row after row of bike racks.  Pretty wild.  If our gas prices keep rising I expect we'll see more racks in some retail areas.

Dutchie...heh, my hubby is like 3/4 Dutch. Big grin

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I read it as paved Michigan Upper Peninsula. 

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I read it as paved Michigan Upper Peninsula. 

Nah, that would be the MUP MUP.  Not be be confused with meep meep...no roadrunner.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

xor

In the song "Everybody Wants Some", one of Diamond Dave's WTF lyrics seems to involve a "moop beat".  It's the line that ends in "...lost in the jet stream". 

"I see a lagga lookin for a moop beat..."

MrH

The Manassas Airport runway appears to have a few bumps when it crosses a small stream. Smile This is the course map for a 10k later this year. Between 0.5 and 2.5 miles is on the runway and taxiway.

http://www.runningahead.com/maps/5cf3ef7c2883484b8a2401dba6b169ce?unit=mi

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

The Manassas Airport runway appears to have a few bumps when it crosses a small stream. Smile This is the course map for a 10k later this year. Between 0.5 and 2.5 miles is on the runway and taxiway.

http://www.runningahead.com/maps/5cf3ef7c2883484b8a2401dba6b169ce?unit=mi

Whoa - those are some rough takeoffs and landings!

Prince of Fatness

I think the OP made it clear that it's not really an issue that needs to be fixed, it's just interesting to discuss. I thought the fact that VirtualEarth does and Google Maps doesn't was interesting. But doesn't need to be "fixed".

I just ran an out and back across the Golden Gate Bridge this week.  Pretty comical when you resample the elevation.

Not at it at all.