Some things you don't see or hear often... (Read 678 times)

While in Cape May, NJ for my daughter's soccer tournament we got to spend the rest of today on the beach. When we got to the beach we heard bagpipes and took a little walk to find this guy. He played well, and truly added to an already wonderful beach day.

Michelle

We saw this on Saturday. A Sand Shark. You can imagine what seeing this does to 15 pre-teen girls! The amount of screaming they did should have been enough to scare every living creature away. Roll eyes

Michelle

Very cool!

Run to Win
        25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

Wish I had audio. For the bagpipes that is. cool pics

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wish I had audio. For the bagpipes that is.
            Ditto! And that shark is cool...I find those things fascinating. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

These dogs were funny, the older one kept leading the younger one into the water. Here they look like they are watching each other's back. Smile

Michelle

va

Love the pics!
                  Very cool!
                  2009: BQ?
                    Maybe the dogs were just watching for sharks while enjoying beach bagpipers!! Very cool pics! Smile Eryn
                    So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
                      Maybe the dogs were just watching for sharks while enjoying beach bagpipers!!
                      That was my thought too! I ran the Applefest HM this past weekend, and one of the highlights for me is the lone bagpiper who is on the course. He stands near a cemetery, and last year I had to laugh because he was playing Amazing Grace as I approached. I felt like the guy from Monty Python and the Holy Grail, "I'm not dead yet!"

E.J.
                      Greater Lowell Road Runners
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

The bagpipes are truly an amazing instrument.