this week sucks! (Read 172 times)

just need to vent abit.    this week has been one of my worst weeks for running/work in quite some time.   not feeling well all week because of flu/cold  ?? (thanks wifey), stress & other medical issues. trying to get through full day at work & get some runs in.  went home early Tues, missed Wed, home early Thurs.     in the past  running has almost helped me feel better (anyone relate to this?).  not so this week, although the best I've felt has been while running.    feeling better this am & normally would go out for about an hour before work but taking today off (fighting the urge, fighting the urge) to hopefully make my full shift.   I know this is just a temporary thing & next week will be better but  this week just sucks!!

Looking forward to tomorrow & getting in a much needed trail run.   trail running always has a way of "springing " me back to life whenever not feeling well,  injured, or just have the blahs.

thanks RA for being here for venting!

in the past  running has almost helped me feel better (anyone relate to this?). 

I can relate to that.  It drains me so much, it can make life a little less stressful at times.  I've been unhappy with how cold it's been around here now.  Last year at this time it was mild and getting all the way into the 80's.  This morning I was stuck with the low 30's.  Although that beats the miserable low 20's weather I put up with yesterday.

I feel your pain skyedog. I'm having one of those weeks myself.

Good idea about hitting a trail cause nothing beats getting close to nature.

Ricky

—our ability to perform up to our physiological potential in a race is determined by whether or not we truly psychologically believe that what we are attempting is realistic. Anton Krupicka

joescott

Looking forward to tomorrow & getting in a much needed trail run.   trail running always has a way of "springing " me back to life whenever not feeling well,  injured, or just have the blahs.

Do what ya gotta do, dog.  Soak up the trail.

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

thanks for the encourgement guys!    figured someone around here would be able to relate.    made it through full shift today, 1st time all week..    heading out early tomorrow to hit trails at the watershed before work.  really looking forward to it!   good times

skyedog:  Wishing you better days ahead and hope you got your run today.  I had about the same crappy week this week.  Did run 5 miles last Sunday, cold/breezy, about 18 degrees, on snowpacked road; Mon and Tues, snowed/windy, cold both days so just rested; Wed, sunny but cold breeze, about 20 degrees, frigid windchill though but l ran 10.1 miles; woke up to new snow on Thursday, sore thorat/coughing so rested; Friday, woke up feeling worse!!  Throat irritated, coughing, body aches and it started to snow in the afternoon and didn't stop until late night Cry. It's sunny today but we got about 4" of new snow, frigid cold, slight breeze, about 3 degrees now!! Feeling a little better and maybe I might go for a run later although it might be indoors on the dreadmill which I have been avoiding (have to go to the local health club for that).  However, not much choice up here in northern MN!!  Soooo ready for Spring, still trying to adapt (one doesn't get USE to this weather).  Just moved here from northern AZ where trail running is part of life at 7,000+ ft.  How I miss those!!  Sad Such a challenge to run outside here as I LOVE trail running too so I can totally relate to the need for the solitude of the outdoor trails to lift the spirit.  Wishing you a speedy recovery and be safe out there!

az2:     thanks for the encouragment & hoping for better week ahead for you as well.    Fortunately around here our weather is very moderate majority of time & usually not an issue.  woke up today wlith terrible headache/sore throat but already feeling much better.  still plan to head out in about an hour to get in 5-6 miles & then off to work. (shower at work) s/b ok     if this sore throat lingers through tomorrow may go to clinic on Monday for antiobiotics.

trail running for me usually is lowland county or regional parks & not real intense.  occasionally hit some trails on  low elevation Cascade hiking trails (2500-4000').  would do more but takes time to get to them

Teresadfp

One day at a time

A bad week here, too.  Our 20-year-old son has been in the psych hospital since early last Saturday.  He's in bad shape.  This is the kid who was an Eagle Scout and one of the best HS distance runners in Maine - he ran in nationals and was on the XC team that won a Junior Olympics championship. Now I can't even get him out of bed to walk down the hall.

This week, I managed to go to one Y class and run one day with my friend, but that was it.  I have to get back out there and get some miles in, to keep MYSELF strong.

How could I pass up a thread with this title?  I see it's been a rough week all around, then.  Long, sleep deprived work week - capped off by a crazy busy Friday - where the best lunch I was able to muster was M&Ms and Coke Zero - lots of M&Ms - as in don't even ask how many .  And I can't even run off any stress (or all the extra calories) because I'm trapped in a boot with a stress fracture above my ankle .  Facing another week in the boot and then 4-6 weeks until I can run again.  But I can bike and tried aqua jogging for the first time this morning for 40 minutes so really I guess it's not as sucky as it could be.

HUGS to Teresadfp and prays for healing for your son.  Please do take care of yourself so you can be strong for him.

az and skyedog - feel better soon.  (is your handle a reference to skye terriers?)

Here's to better weeks ahead.

How could I pass up a thread with this title?  I see it's been a rough week all around, then.  Long, sleep deprived work week - capped off by a crazy busy Friday - where the best lunch I was able to muster was M&Ms and Coke Zero - lots of M&Ms - as in don't even ask how many .  And I can't even run off any stress (or all the extra calories) because I'm trapped in a boot with a stress fracture above my ankle .  Facing another week in the boot and then 4-6 weeks until I can run again.  But I can bike and tried aqua jogging for the first time this morning for 40 minutes so really I guess it's not as sucky as it could be.

HUGS to Teresadfp and prays for healing for your son.  Please do take care of yourself so you can be strong for him.

az and skyedog - feel better soon.  (is your handle a reference to skye terriers?)

Here's to better weeks ahead.

DEB:  too tempting NOT to whine, right?!? haha!! You're been a trooper throughout, you amaze me!!  Puts things in perspective so I really shouldn't be complaining .......... but only runners 'get it.'