tired of seeing polystyrene litter on your runs? (Read 259 times)

Lotsa liberal whining in this thread.

-1 to that generalizing comment.    A person who does not like trash is automatically a 'whining liberal'?

I probably shouldn't respond anyway, but I am just wondering where you are looking to see the "conservative or liberal" indicator of folks here in the profiles.  I don't see that block...

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Meat Wagon

Puker

-1 to that generalizing comment.    A person who does not like trash is automatically a 'whining liberal'?

I probably shouldn't respond anyway, but I am just wondering where you are looking to see the "conservative or liberal" indicator of folks here in the profiles.  I don't see that block...

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Anyone remember the McD.L.T? Such a good use of polystyrene.

Inside the container?

I'm pretty sure he was just kidding.

I'm pretty sure I was kidding too.   - Or I may have missed the poke and bit on it just a little.  :-)

---To Led, on those MDLT's, you are right.  Really didn't have much flavor in them, did they?  And just for information for a fellow like me who worked at McDonalds for a bit when in High School:   The grills cook the patty from both sides, top and bottom.  The 1/4 pound patty goes from frozen solid to fully cooked in 103 seconds.    The smaller patty for a happy meal hamburger?  From frozen solid to fully cooked in a mere 39 seconds.   --- And there you have some useless info on how long it takes to 'prepare'  those hockey-puck meat patties served at McDonalds. :-)

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

---To Led, on those MDLT's, you are right.  Really didn't have much flavor in them, did they?  And just for information for a fellow like me who worked at McDonalds for a bit when in High School:   The grills cook the patty from both sides, top and bottom.  The 1/4 pound patty goes from frozen solid to fully cooked in 103 seconds.    The smaller patty for a happy meal hamburger?  From frozen solid to fully cooked in a mere 39 seconds.   --- And there you have some useless info on how long it takes to 'prepare'  those hockey-puck meat patties served at McDonalds. :-)

A college friend of mine was sucked away from his music degree program by McDonalds.  He went to Hamburger U. and became a big mucky-muck in the corporation.  He always talked so proudly of the quality of their products, as well as the vast quantities.  "We sell more meat, more bread, more ketchup; in fact, more of everything we sell than anyone else in the world."

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Crazy Q

Net Neaderthal & Escapee

Styrofoam can be replaced by mushrooms.

Hell, the politicians in Washington DC can be replaced by mushrooms for that matter......

Wot? Run? I thought they said Rum!

GatsbyBird

I think 8 Mile Island had something to do with pollution caused by Eminem fans.  Or Eminem.

All litter and accidentally-released radiation is bad.  Agreed.

3/30/24 Rattlesnake Dick 25k, Cool, CA

4/14/24 Napa Valley 50k, Calistoga, CA

7/20/24 Tahoe Rim Trail 56 miler, NV

9/21/24 Mountain Lakes 100, OR

beachrun

Mylar balloons.

They ride on the air filling fast

with carbon dioxide

warming the hearts of children 

then sticking in trees

where they glare

and ruin the view.

There must be fewer

mylar balloons.

For the children.

Mysecondnewname

Some of those other packaging materials biodegrade fairly rapidly.  The styrofoam may last centuries.

As do many running shoes!   Wink

(Well, maybe not centuries, but many experts believe traditional midsoles/soles to take over 1,000 years to fully degrade)

Meat Wagon

Puker

As do many running shoes!   Wink

(Well, maybe not centuries, but many experts believe traditional midsoles/soles to take over 1,000 years to fully degrade)

Phil Knight takes my worn out midsoles back to the moon, where he found them. Well, he probably has a small Vietnamese child do it for him, but I still appreciate the gesture.

Feel sick and dirty, more dead than alive.

I don't discriminate when it comes to litter, I hate all of it.

When I see someone flick a cigarette butt out of their car window, I want nothing more than to pick it up and flick it right in their face.

Whenever I see this behavior and I'm in my car, I honk at the perpetrator. My wife doesn't like it, but at least I'm not the one littering.