Back running again (I hope) (Read 809 times)

Erunama

After doing great in my first half marathon back in October, I ran for few more weeks then retreated into the gym for the rest of the year. In January, I went back to school, and didn't get a chance to do much exercise. Partly it was due to being busy, but partly also because of boredom. A Summer and Fall full of running and I just needed a break. I always planned on getting serious again come Springtime, and had planned on running a marathon in early October. But, here I am. It's near the end of June and I just completed my first "serious" run since November. What an eye-opener. It's amazing how much you lose by not running. It's going to be tough to build back my strength and stamina, but I really hope I can do it. Running a marathon in early October (I was hoping to do the Wineglass Marathon in upstate NY, because it is closest to where I go to school) is definitely out of the question at this point. Instead, I pushed it back almost two months and want to try and run in the Philadelphia Marathon at the end of November. My family is in Philly, which will make that a nice place to run, but I originally avoided it because it might be too cold that late in the season. Shame on me for not starting early. Anyway, since I'm back running, I'm back here on this site. It's great to see Eric is still working hard on it, and the new features are pretty cool. It's also amazing to look back at my runs from last year to see how hard I worked and how much I'll have to do in the coming months. I hope I can get back into a routine and hang out on these boards! Dan
    Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, Dan. Welcome back! I've enjoyed looking back from time to time to see where I was too. It's funny how you can get so hung up on where you are "now" that you forget that the struggle you're facing that particular day won't last forever, and that in a half a year things'll look really different. Good luck with your running goals and don't be shy here! Janell

Roads were made for journeys...

Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

Welcome back Erunama! A lot has changed since October, but the same old set of faces are still here, plus some new spunky ones such as Wingz. If you find Philly to be too soon as well, there's always Disney. That's my next goal race.
        Erunama

Welcome back Erunama! A lot has changed since October, but the same old set of faces are still here, plus some new spunky ones such as Wingz. If you find Philly to be too soon as well, there's always Disney. That's my next goal race.
          I would love to run Disney! Too bad it's a bit out of my budget at the moment. But some day, I think I will try and do it. And I finally made my log public (not sure why I didn't have that set earlier). It's amazing how I felt so good running 13.1 miles late last year, and I struggle mightily with 2-3 miles now. But, live and learn, I guess. I won't be letting myself get too out of shape ever again.
          Mile Collector

Abs of Flabs

It's amazing how I felt so good running 13.1 miles late last year
            Do you know that we finished the BAA Half within seconds of each other? I don't think I can run that pace anymore!