US Olympic Marathon Team trials-NYC (Read 899 times)

Imminent Catastrophe

The US Olympic Team Marathon trials will be held in Manhattan on November 3, the day before the NYC Marathon. The USA's best will run through Times Square then up 7th Avenue and 5 laps of Central Park. The US team should be very competitive this year (and in Beijing). Should be quite a show!

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

The voice of mile 18

friend of a friend is racing. should be interesting to watch.

Tri Rule #1 of Triathlon Training/Racing - If Momma ain't happy nobody is happy 

btb1490

Joe, who is your friend? I'm volunteering for the race and should have a front row seat as they come by, I can look for him and yell out that Joe says HI!

The voice of mile 18

my friend is brian but his friend is Dan Browne RW says he's a dark horse but I'll be rooting for him. it's a neat course. 5 or 6 times around central park should be neat to watch in person.

Imminent Catastrophe

Cool, I'll watch for him too. Do you know what the runners' bib numbers will be? Will it be the seeded rankings?

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

Here's a Running Times article about him that came out last year: http://runningtimes.com/rt/articles/?id=8990&page=1

The voice of mile 18

I believe Dan will be #3 (he came in third at the last olympic trials) http://www.runnersworld.com/article/0,7120,s6-239-399--12227-0,00.html

Think Whirled Peas

Are the trials on TV this weekend?

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

The voice of mile 18

yep and think they may be on NBC check your local listings Smile

Imminent Catastrophe

yep and think they may be on NBC check your local listings Smile
                      2pm on NBC here in the Eastern time zone

NBCSports.com will be streaming it live online at 7:30 am for free.

Runners run

For those trying to connect to that link and having trouble, try this: http://mfile.akamai.com/28559/live/reflector:59323.asx?bkup=30116 I found it on Letsrun and it works. Right now (past mile 22): 1. Hall -- on Oly trials record pace!! 2. Ritz !! 3. Sell !!!

Runners run

Wow! Wow! Hall wins in an Olympic trials record 2:09:02. Wow.

Runners run

Ritz 2nd in 2:11:07. Wow. 3 minute PR! Sell in 3rd in 2:11:38. Holy crap. He did it. The blue collar hero. Gutsy race by Khannouchi to finish 4th in 2:12:35.

Runners run