Anyone have a Landice Treadmill? (Read 407 times)

Jill_B

I fly.

Want to tell me about it?  

Bring it on.

lewisk3

Yep, I have had one for over 10 yrs...love it, works great very well built.

Jill_B

I fly.

Yep, I have had one for over 10 yrs...love it, works great very well built.

I have some follow up questions:  

How many miles per week do you use it (you and anyone else in your family)?  

At what speeds?  

Have you had any problems?  

How was the company to deal with (I've heard good things, but you never know)?  Is it the only treadmill you've ever had?  

Do you have it serviced and if so, who do you use?

Bring it on.

SMART Approach

Many years ago when I worked in the fitness industry we bought a couple "home model" Landice treadmills for the high volume work out facility. They held up great even though they weren't the industrial models. They are or were made great.  If you buy a home model, you probably don't need to worry about a service call for a long long time.  If so, generally the place you purchase it from should offer service calls. If you purchase from a catalog or online, just call around locally to see if they sell or would service Landice treadmills.

Run Coach. Recovery Coach. Founder of SMART Approach Training, Coaching & Recovery

Structured Marathon Adaptive Recovery Training

Safe Muscle Activation Recovery Technique

www.smartapproachtraining.com

I have one too.

From all the treadmills I've used, and I've used a lot of different treadmills both at home and in gyms, I think it has the most realistic road feel.

Both me and my son use it, mostly in the winter months.

My first home treadmill was an Image, but that was many years ago. That worked pretty good but wore out.

Then I bought a Sole. Don't do it.

The most recent one was the Landice, and though expensive, it's very good. 

I've never had to have it serviced, but if I did it would be through the fitness company I bought it from. 

Any problems: not really, though a couple times the speed sensor has thought it was out of calibration and it shut off.  I think that's happened about 2 times in a year. 

I have noticed I'm actually running faster than what the treadmill says. For example, If I have it at 10MPH, I'm actually running between 10.2 and 10.4 MPH. 

Still, very good home treadmill. A co-worker of mine has one and swears by it too. 

Treadmill Addict

I have a Landice, I've used it for 3 years now, and it is awesome. I'd buy the same one if I had to do it over. Super solid, simple and easy to use. It was WAY more than I had planned on spending, but I didn't want to buy something just to have it break in a year. It has been worth every penny and then some.

We use it almost every day. It used to be just me, but now dh has started running. He was almost 280lbs when he started using it, and it is still nice and solid for him. I have trained for 11 halfs, 4 fulls, and lots of other races on that treadmill. I love it. Love love love. Highly recommend. Mind is the L7 ProTrainer model. Let me know if you have any questions. If you live nearby feel free to stop by and take it for a run. Smile

Sarah (37)

Mom to Abby (10) Jacob, (8) and Colton (5)

18 half marathons, 6 full marathons

Goals- run more, lose 20lbs.

MrH

Couldn't be happier with our Landice 7.

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.