I think my running is getting worse (Read 491 times)

There it is.  Over the last couple of months, I've slowly been feeling like my running is deteriorating.  Not alarmingly so, but enough to make me notice.  The same paces have felt more effortful, and my form has started to feel slightly less fluid and natural, and more sluggish and awkward.  The effect is rather subtle; it's not like I'm shuffling along like Quasimodo out there (most of the time).  Who knows, it might all be in my head.  

I know the causes: not running enough, a bad winter leading into a very busy and chaotic year (and thus never getting back to previous mileage levels), moving to a different country, having other things take priority.  

I also know the solution: more miles (kms!), some faster running once or twice a week, frequent strides, and maybe some form drills in the mix.  I guess I'm not really looking for advice here, just venting.  I'm a bit surprised that what little running I have been doing has not maintained past gains, but I suppose one's body can only maintain for so long before it requires additional stimulus.  

On the plus side, my teaching duties are finished until February and summer is rolling around here in the Southern Hemisphere, so maybe it's time to unleash the hounds!  

"Because in the end, you won't remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn.  Climb that goddamn mountain."

Jack Kerouac

day after day sameness

It fades quickly. You haven't had a week much over 30mi in nearly a year. You're a young buck, it will come back quickly and summer's coming to your area...so enjoy.

Choosing my words carefully has never been my strength I've been known to be vague and often pointless