First Car. (Read 120 times)

My first car was a 1970 Dodge Charger. Don't let the looks of the one in the picture fool you. Mine was "baby shit brown", had a few dents, a really funky smell and was purchased for the princely sum of $100 (in around 1982). The test drive included a trip to the gas station where the seller filled up the tank with gas for me. I later found that the car included "Flintstone Floorboards" in the back seat - my friends and I plugged the holes in the floor with plywood. It got me around for a few months while I saved up more money for car #2.

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

TJoseph

My first car was a 1969 Chrysler Imperial that my parents had sitting in the driveway.  My twin brother got the GMC Suburban to drive.  The Chrysler lasted about a year before a part broke that couldn't be replaced and it was sent to the junkyard.

1975 VW bug!! I didn't even have a driver's license but I was on my own at 15 yrs old, yeah, seriously!!  My dad taught me to drive when I was in 4th grade!!  I loved my car in high school, $8.00 on fuel went a LOOOOG way then!! Everyone pitched together to get to the high school football/basketball game!!  I was the "DD" even before it was the 'cool.'  Now I am married to a total gearhead, and LOVE my harleys!!

This thread is useless without pictures of DAVE'S first car.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

1986 Dodge Omni GLH.  (The "GLH" stood for "Piece of Shit".)  Lasted two years.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

Mpls Laker

Northstar Running

These were probably the best "stealth" drag racers of their day.

1986 Dodge Omni GLH.  (The "GLH" stood for "Piece of Shit".)  Lasted two years.

Look at the rims on that GLH :-)    Similar car I once owned in looks and name to that one, a Mazda "GLC".    -- The "GLC" was supposed to stand for "Great Little Car" as I understood it, but we had many other acronyms made up for that POS.   The engine was so weak that when you hit the button to engage the AC while at idle, the 3 HP engine bogged down + shut off. Dead

The Plan '15 →   ///    "Run Hard, Live Easy."   ∞

Walk-Jogger

My first ride was a old beat-up 1937 International pickup, given to me by dad when I turned 16.

Kept that for a couple of months, then sold it and bought a retired '67 Ford cop car with the 428 engine which a buddy and I completely rebuilt with no adult assistance or supervision...

It's amazing that I survived that car, the way I drove back then . . .  Disapprove

Retired &  Loving It

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

1950 Studebaker Champion.  My dad bought it new; I started driving when it had attained antique status.

It was black, and rarely this shiny.  I have nostalgia for this car like no other.

an amazing likeness

1973 VW Super Beetle. Orange. $1,600.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

1950 Studebaker Champion.  My dad bought it new; I started driving when it had attained antique status.

It was black, and rarely this shiny.  I have nostalgia for this car like no other.

Google honored Raymond Loewy, the designer of this car, today! Smile