10 years ago, today... (Read 903 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It's actually not a tv, but a projector with pull down screen but we call it the big TV!
    Those things are still really sweet. My hubby's aunt and uncle have an older, smaller one that is fun to watch--though the quality has come VERY far since they got theirs around a decade ago. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Finished!

Wahoo! Congratulations, what an adorable photo!
      Walk + Jog = wog.
      I'm trying to Lose 5% at a time
      I support Heifer International - join me by donating via my registry
        Happy, happy, happy anniversary!!! Big grin I was, as Kirsten said, her maid of honor 10 years ago. It was a great wedding..one of those you knew you could stand next to your friend & be 100% supportive of the marriage because you had no doubt it would last. And, the reception was fun!! Smile Our reception was a blast too! You can have fun at your own wedding. That was one of my priorities for the reception...to have fun. Congrats Blondie!!!
        So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
          Oh yeah, my hubby & I are backwards too. We both had kids before we met (neither had been married before), we built a house, moved in together, then I proposed to him! He's a bit shy & I wasn't about to let him get away!! Wink And Kirsten/zoom zoom was at my side at the alter when I got married!
          So do not get tired and stop trying. - Hebrews 12:3
            Ten years and married is an admirable achievement. Ten years and happy, well you grabbed the brass ring & count your lucky stars. Marriage is a roll of the dice. I'm tighter with my wife than I've ever been but, you never know what'll happen afer "I do". I don't know you beyond this website but, we have a mutual love of running & a common luck in lifemates. That's cool.
            zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I don't know you beyond this website but, we have a mutual love of running & a common luck in lifemates. That's cool.
              Cool doesn't even begin to touch it...I feel very lucky. The only serious relationship I had before I met my hubby was with a guy who is now in prison. He was a power-hungry, dirty cop who had no place carrying a badge. He's the Jon Bartlett of these stories: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel archives The guy I married is about as different from that creep as two people could be. I shudder to think of what my life would have been like if I had ended up with that dirtbag. Eryn also had more than her share of loser exes. We paid our dues, so it's only fair we hit the jackpot with our spouses! Big grin k

~ Sarah Kay

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

It was a great wedding..one of those you knew you could stand next to your friend & be 100% supportive of the marriage because you had no doubt it would last.
                Yes...how many couples are giggling at the altar while their bridesmaids are all weepy. But how could I not giggle as my hubby placed a used band-aid in my hands as we said our "solemn" vows? Tongue k

~ Sarah Kay

My dogs are fast, not me

Congratulations, Kirsten!! That's a great picture. Robin

Robin

Kirsten, Happy anniversary! What a great picture and sounds like a great 10 years! Big grin We just had our 25th on Dec. 19th and enjoyed every minute of it! Unlike you though I can NOT say I'm skinnier now then then. I'm just a bit heavier but not by much! Smile I always tell eveyone my man is super romantic since I spend the first day of my marriage in bed. Then I tell the rest of the story. I was sicker then a road kill dog. Hubby spend the day watching the Detriot Lions football game on TV. Or couse we've made it 25 years so far so our first official day together did NOT fore tell the future! Thanks for sharing! Gayle

"Nothing's better than the wind to your back, the sun in front of you, and your friends beside you." Aaron Douglas Trimble

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Gayle...what an awful first day for you guys...with you being sick and your poor hubby having to watch the Lions! Wink Congrats on your own major milestone! k

~ Sarah Kay

First off - CONGRATS!! Second - Gayle I'm so glad to see someone else who's hit (or will in April) the quarter century mark. I felt like I was peeking in on the kids:-) Seriously - all of you sound like you're with the right people and enjoying sharing life together - and that's what it's about! Happy running!!
                        Cincinnati Flying Pig May 4
                        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seriously - all of you sound like you're with the right people and enjoying sharing life together - and that's what it's about!
                          It's nice to see that, isn't it?! Sure, that statistic that half of all marriages fail is bandied about a lot, but the flip side is that half of all marriages DON'T fail...it's a glass half-full vs. half-empty sort of scenario. Smile k

~ Sarah Kay

bas

Hi k, Happy anniversary to both of you! bas

52° 21' North, 4° 52' East

Happy Anniversary! We're not too far apart...ours is December 12th! 8 years for us!! We were together seven years when I said "Shit or get off...". Bio clock ticking, you know? My hubby's laid back too. Usually waits for me to lead the way with most decisions. THat's ok though, because as soon as he starts taking the reins, it messes me up and then he has to "back down". Poor guy! Smile I can honestly say that as the years have passed we've gotten much closer (if that's possible) and I'm working on the skinnier than I was in my dress part! Ha!! It's so nice to hear some good news! Congrats neighbor!
                                AWESOME Picture zoomers! Congrats on making 10 years!

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson