Forerunner 310XT uploads include time stopped with watch stopped (Read 1864 times)

RobInAZ

My last few workout uploads seem to be uploading the time I am stopped with the watch not running.  The data are uploading to Garmin Connect correctly.  Any ideas?

Thanks

rundwoods

My last few workout uploads seem to be uploading the time I am stopped with the watch not running.  The data are uploading to Garmin Connect correctly.  Any ideas?

Thanks

The same thing happened to me today for the first time, exactly as you've described. The stopped time added up to anywhere from 2 seconds to 4 minutes on some miles. I've been looking all over for answers.

eric :)

Did you guys happen to update your Garmins recently?  It's possible that Garmin changed how the data is stored.  It seems like the problem involves only the 310XT.  Could you send me the tcx file so I can take a look?  Message me if you need my email address.

eric Smile

RobInAZ

Yes I did just update my Garmin.  I'm pretty sure it started doing after the update. 

I just messaged you.

Thanks Eric

jpdeaux

I think it may be related to an automatic Ant Agent update that happened a few days ago. I'llve sendt a .tcx file to you.

mta: And Garmin Training Center shows the break time now, too. So it appears to be a Garmin-originated issue. I don't use Garmin Connect, so I can't speak to whether it might be showing correct data.

According to this page: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3741, Garmin fixed a bug in the Ant Agent, which in turn changed the workout data.  I am working on fixing the importer to handle this.

In my opinion, it is preferable to start a new lap to indicate rest than to stop the watch. Using this approach, the workout will not have any "holes" from the stop(s).  Theoretically, you're losing (GPS) data when you stop/pause the watch.

Anyway, I need to get cracking at getting this fixed.

HoosierDaddy

GreyBeard

So will we need to re-upload data or will the fix apply to existing data?  Thx!

• Black Canyon 100k
                • RRR
                • Zane Grey 100k
                • High Lonesome 100
                • Wyoming Range 100 (?)
                • The Bear 100
                • Javelina Jundred (?)

I have the same issue since the latest ANT update.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RobInAZ

According to this page: http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=3741, Garmin fixed a bug in the Ant Agent, which in turn changed the workout data.  I am working on fixing the importer to handle this.

In my opinion, it is preferable to start a new lap to indicate rest than to stop the watch. Using this approach, the workout will not have any "holes" from the stop(s).  Theoretically, you're losing (GPS) data when you stop/pause the watch.

Anyway, I need to get cracking at getting this fixed.

Thanks for getting on this so fast.  

On the lap vs stop issue.  I agree and disagree.  Using laps works well on the track, but not so well on long runs.  For example, sometimes I have to wait to cross a street etc.  If I use lap rather stop the watch then my automatic mile splits get messed up.

Hi all,

I found and fixed the problem.  The fix only applies to workouts imported after I made the fix.  If you want to apply the fix to existing workouts, you will need to reimport the affected workouts.

eric :-)

Your The Man!  Thanks.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

RobInAZ

Hi all,

I found and fixed the problem.  The fix only applies to workouts imported after I made the fix.  If you want to apply the fix to existing workouts, you will need to reimport the affected workouts.

eric :-)

Thanks so much Eric.

My fr60 was doing the same thing, but I was manually editing the stopped time out of that mile. I haven't uploaded since the fix as I got my sunday's run in earlier. SportTracks was having the same issue.

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

2014 Goals:

Stay healthy

Enjoy life

I thought this worked as designed. You have your total time, then you have your active time, which is the time without the stops?

rundwoods

Thanks Eric!