Free Boston Marathon pics - Where's Waldo meets Heartbreak Hill (Read 2244 times)

Saltydog (this is not a Jim Rhoades image)

E.J.
    Greater Lowell Road Runners
    Cry havoc and let slip the dawgs of war!

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

That's bzaganjo on the left in blue.  Would look better in Greater Lowell green, but still a damned nice pic.

E.J.

May the road rise to meet you, may the wind be always at your back, may the sun shine warm upon your SPF30, may the rains fall soft upon your sweat-wicking hat, and until you hit the finish line may The Flying Spaghetti Monster hold you in the hollow of His Noodly Appendage.

xhristopher

I've you run 2:31 I suppose it's acceptable to jump into the first corral despite wearing bib 7999. I wouldn't want that guy plowing me over to get by.

MTA: Upon closer inspection he has a white sticker with a "2" over the corral position on his bib. Take note folks, you can move up your start position with some basic office supplies. If you do, you had better have the goods like this guy.

TMorin

One of the guys in my club somehow got his number based 3:09:00 instead of the 3:00:09 he ran last year. After telling the BAA the mixup they gave him the same type of sticker which looked rediculous and took a lot of convincing just to get the guy to let him into the corral. 

I've you run 2:31 I suppose it's acceptable to jump into the first corral despite wearing bib 7999. I wouldn't want that guy plowing me over to get by.

MTA: Upon closer inspection he has a white sticker with a "2" over the corral position on his bib. Take note folks, you can move up your start position with some basic office supplies. If you do, you had better have the goods like this guy.

One of the guys in my club somehow got his number based 3:09:00 instead of the 3:00:09 he ran last year.

Never really thought about it, but fat fingering a few isn't all that surprising with all the data entry they have to do.

E.J.

xhristopher

Never really thought about it, but fat fingering a few isn't all that surprising with all the data entry they have to do.

Talk about adding insult to injury. I'm probably not going far out on a limb to say that guy would have liked to have qualified ten seconds faster, then they fat finger him into a higher bib, and then make him plead his case just to be where he's supposed to be.

Pretty sure that's Marathon Maniac bhearn on the yellow line

E.J.

xor

Indeed it is.

Another mile one photo courtesy of Jim Rhoades:

That's johnmass on the far right (111x) who ran a studly 2:54 PR and with a fuel belt!

And me front and center (1195)

bhearn

Pretty sure that's Marathon Maniac bhearn on the yellow line

That's about as much of me as you ever see in a Jim Rhoades shot, for some reason. Must be where he is relative to the tangents. I know I'm always on the wrong side at the M1 photo.

I see there are no M20 photos this year. Or maybe just not posted yet?

I see there are no M20 photos this year. Or maybe just not posted yet?

Your normal usual mile 20 photographer Frank Georges was otherwise occupied on Monday. 

E.J.

ultramarathon/triathlete

More Boston Pics

Thanks!  I found me in pic #38.  Odwalla guy.

That race was hard.  Why didn't anyone tell me that if you run the first 6 miles fast and hard, you'll pay for it on the hills Clown

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
                            Gatorade Endurance Team

Another mile one photo courtesy of Jim Rhoades:

That's johnmass on the far right (111x) who ran a studly 2:54 PR and with a fuel belt!

And me front and center (1195)

Love the expression on your face...Great confident looking pic.