Stevie Ray McLovin's El Scorcho 50k report (Read 414 times)

xor

Here is my report from the midnight El Scorcho 50k, held just over a week ago. As always, don't go in looking for a report from the front of the pack. This is a middle-of-the-pack report, and in this case, I did some tremendously stupid things. But hey, it was a race that started at midnight during the hottest part of the year and it was called "El Scorcho". I wasn't trying to approach it as an Olympic Qualifier or something. And be forewarned that brevity is not my strong suit. Links to reports from 100ish different marathons and ultras can be found over there.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Here is And be forewarned that brevity is not my strong suit. there.
      NICE JOB. ROOKIE=177 MARATHNONS. I DO NOT THINK SO! Cool

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

Nope, I'm not a rookie. I'm capable of making the same mistakes first-timers make. I'm also very capable of being completely humbled by a race. El Scorcho didn't do that, but the one I did this past weekend surely did.

170+ Marathons, dude you need to chill out. Thanks for sharing your 50K experience. I'm not a big fan of Nuun either. BTW, it was nice to get to meet you out there.

Vim