Weird Town Names in the USA (Read 1235 times)

Some of these are quite amusing - almost worthy of the 100 mile group Big grin Aces of Diamonds, FL Accident, MD Allgood, AL Angel, OH Arab, AL Asylum, PA Bald Head, Maine Beetown, WI Beersville, PA Belcher, NY Ben Hur, TX Between, GA Big Beaver Lick Big Fork, AR Big Foot, IL Big Sandy, WY Bird In Hand, PA Bliss, MI Bloodland, MO Blowtown, PA Blue Ball, PA Booger Holler, AR Boring, MD Bow, WA Bucksnort, TN Buddha, IN Buffalo Gap, SD Bumpass, VA Bushyhead, OK Burning Bush, GA Burning Fork, KY Camel Hump, WY Cheeseville, WI Chicken, AK Chocalate Bayou, TX Christmasville, TN Chugwater, WY Chunky, MS Coffee, GA Coke, TX Cold Foot, Alaska Cold Water, MS Cool, TX Coward, SC Crackertown, FL Cut Off, LA Dead Woman Crossing, WY Defeated, TN Defiance, OH Detour, MD Devils Den, CA Difficult, TN Dime Box, TX Ding Dong, TX Disco, TN Dismal, TN Dog Town, AL Doolittle, MO Double Trouble, NJ Drain, OR Dry Fork, WY Dry Prong, LA Dull, OH Eden, WI Eek, AK Elf, NC Elmo, UT Embarrass, WI Eureka, IL Experiment, PA Embarrass, Minnesota Faceville, GA Fearnot, PA Fertile,MN Fifty-Six, Arkansas Flaming, MN Flattop, WV Footville, WI Fort Dick, CA Fossil, OR Frankenstein, Missouri French Lick, IN Frog Suck, WY Fruit, IL Furry, MS Germany, IN Goat City, TN Goodnight, TX Gross, NE Gun Barrel City, TX Hacker Valley, WV Happy, TX Hasty, CO Hell, MI Hicksville, OH Hog Jaw, AR Hooker, OK Hoop and Holler, TX Hornytown, NC Hot Coffee, Mississippi Hot Water, Mississippi Hungry Horse, MT Intercourse, PA It, Mississippi Joe, MT Jupiter, FL Kalamazoo, MI Kermit, WV Kill Devil Hills, NC Kissimmee, FL Last Chance, CO Lawyersville, NY Left Hand, WV Liars Corner, OH Little Hope, PA Lizard Lick, NC Lollipop, TX Long, OK Looneyville, TX Love, IL Love Ladies, NJ Magazine, Arkansas Magic, ID Mars, PA Mashpea, MA Mianus, CT Money, MS Monkey's Eyebrow, KY Monkey's Elbow, KY Mooseup Valley, RI Mosquitoville, VT Muck City, AL Nags Head, NC Nameless, TN Niceville, FL Nipple, UT Nirvana, MI Nitro, WV No Name, CO Normal, IN Odd, WV Ogle, KY Okay, OK Pandora, OH Panic, PA Paradise, PA Paw Paw, WV Peculiar, MO Plain City, UT Pluto, MS Porcupine, SD Porkey, PA Possum Grape, AR Possum Trot, KY Pound, WI Prison Farm, MT Pyro, OH Quick, NE Rainbow, CA Roachtown, IL Romance, Arkansas Rough and Ready, CA Rudeville, NJ Sandwich, IL Santa Claus, GA Satans Kingdom, RI Short, TX Slapout, AL Smackover, Arkansas Smile, KY Southpark, CO Spider, KY Spread Eagle, WI Static, TN Stinking Bay, AR Stinking Creek, TN Suckerville, ME Sulphur, LA Surprise, CA Tarzan, TX Timbuktoo, CA Tiny, VA Toast, NC Tobacco, KY Torpedo, PN Truth Or Consequences, NM Tuba City, AZ Turkey Scratch, AR Two Egg, FL Uncertain, TX Valentine, NE Virgin, UT Virginville, PA Wagontire, OR Wham, LA Uncertain, TX Weeping Mary, TX Yazoo, MS Yeehaw Junction, FL Zap, North Dakota

Michelle

I can't believe one of my favorites didn't make that list..... Manassas, Virginia. Smile
        I still get a chuckle every time I see Intercouse, PA

Lazy idiot

I grew up near Defiance and Pandora, and never thought of them as weird until now. Weird.

Tick tock

Drove by Virginville on the way to the race last Sunday.

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Imminent Catastrophe

I spent my summers in Truth or Consequences. There's also Beeville, TX

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

There's a little town in Michigan just off of I-94 called Climax. Lot's of amusing jokes/sounds to be made on the road trip to Chicago when you are approaching Climax, passing through Climax, and during the post-Climax phase of the trip. Big grin They have a race in Hell, MI, and the shirts say "I ran through Hell." I guess you could have a pretty cool shirt from Climax, MI, if they ever decide to have a road race. Clowning around

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

On the way to college I would pass though Bangs, OH, which means you pass a sign name that just says "Bangs"

madness baby

There's also Whynot, Mississippi and Egypt, MS. You've already got Hot Coffee, MS -my favorite! And my brother lives in Soddy Daisy, TN.
                    deb
                    Mishka-old log

There's a little town in Michigan just off of I-94 called Climax. Lot's of amusing jokes/sounds to be made on the road trip to Chicago when you are approaching Climax, passing through Climax, and during the post-Climax phase of the trip. Big grin They have a race in Hell, MI, and the shirts say "I ran through Hell." I guess you could have a pretty cool shirt from Climax, MI, if they ever decide to have a road race. Clowning around
                      Michigan is the king of that kind of stuff. Jeff, I'm sure you know about this one too... Just after you pass Detroit on I-75, there's a town called Troy, MI. One of the main exits for that town is Exit 69, Big Beaver Road. I'm 100% not joking. The sign would always turn up missing until the powers that be got smart and bolted the hell out of that sucker and put it out of reach.
                      jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Michigan is the king of that kind of stuff. Jeff, I'm sure you know about this one too... Just after you pass Detroit on I-75, there's a town called Troy, MI. One of the main exits for that town is Exit 69, Big Beaver Road. I'm 100% not joking. The sign would always turn up missing until the powers that be got smart and bolted the hell out of that sucker and put it out of reach.
                        Yeah, Exit 69 Big Beaver Rd is legendary in SE Michigan. Consisdering that freeway exit numbers in Michigan correspond to mile markers (rather than purely sequential exit numbers) I've always thought that it was a major feat of engineering on someone's part to get I-75 to line up so perfectly to form that famous exit. Not a coincidence. Wink

On your deathbed, you won't wish that you'd spent more time at the office.  But you will wish that you'd spent more time running.  Because if you had, you wouldn't be on your deathbed.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Not a town name, but I get to drive by this in a few weeks: It's in WI, between Milwaukee and Chi-town. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

jEfFgObLuE

I've got a fever...

Not a town name, but I get to drive by this in a few weeks: It's in WI, between Milwaukee and Chi-town.
                            I hope there's a convenience store near the rec area, fully stocked with chips, cheetos, and other munchies. Wink

I hope there's a convenience store near the rec area, fully stocked with chips, cheetos, and other munchies. Wink
                              Hmmmm. I wonder why. Roll eyes

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

*snort*

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay