Ads (Read 166 times)

Ojo

Hi Eric!

I am confused.  I have an account so I shouldn't be seeing ad.  I am now seeing random clickable words that take me to ads.  I even just typed the word subscription in the LLR and that turned into an ad.  Is this new?

Thanks!

Sara

MTA:  The word new that I just type is now linked to an ad!  Confused

Sara

MM #2929

rlopez

No, you have likely picked up spyware/"adware". Perhaps from a different site.

Feeling the growl again

This is not RA-specific but a malware across various forums.  If anyone knows how to shut it off, please share!

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Ojo - Do you get this on all sites or just RA? You may have picked up an advertizing addon. What browser are you using?

2017 Goals
          1) Run more than 231 miles
          2) Be ready for  HM in the spring

Ojo

I have just switched to my other Mac and there is no problem with this one.  I use Firefox.  Maybe one of the kids did something!

Sara

MM #2929

eric :)

Sara,

Everyone that responded were right.  RA only uses banner ads.  I'm not sure which malware you have, but several other users have seen it lately.  If you get to the bottom of it, please let us know.

eric Smile

Ojo

Sara,

Everyone that responded were right.  RA only uses banner ads.  I'm not sure which malware you have, but several other users have seen it lately.  If you get to the bottom of it, please let us know.

eric Smile

Thanks Eric.  My hubby is more computer savvy than me so I will have him figure it out.  The problem most likely comes from a game one of my boys downloaded.  Evil

Sara

MM #2929

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

You'll need to use something like SuperAntiSpyware to remove it.  You can google that word; I avoid linking to commercial outfits in these forums.