I won a cyclocross race! (Read 672 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Ok, so only the women's C race and there were only 5 of us, but only 3 of us completed all 4 laps and I was 23+ seconds ahead of 2nd place. Wine will flow tonight! Man, I friggin' love this sport!

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Julia1971

Still counts.  Congratulations and cheers! 

Endurance is patience concentrated. – Thomas Carlyle

My blog is JT Running DC.  It's awesome.

That's awesome! Congrats!

Live the Adventure. Enjoy the Journey. Be Kind. Have Faith!

Loves the outdoors

Congratulations!
          One day I decided I wanted to become a runner, so I did.

Needs more cowbell!

Thanks!  Last week I was 4/7 (last week's winner got moved to Bs--where she belongs...she races in a skinsuit, FFS).  The week before that was my first race of the season and I was 5/8...lost my rear wheel (worked its way out of the rear drop-out...could have been sorta bad news if it had fully come loose, heh) and a place on the 3rd/4 lap of that race.

I'd love to get to the place where I could actually race B master's (since I will be 40 next year).  Then I can actually race my DH, which would be sorta fun.  If I drop that stupid extra 20#s off my ass and put down at least another 1000 miles/year it could be doable.  A couple of years ago I said I'd never race cyclocross...and then I said I'd never mountain bike, but my new 29er will be here this week. Big grin

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

In it for the long run..

Congratulations! You are TOUGH!

"It's not who wins the workout..."

Needs more cowbell!

Congratulations! You are TOUGH!

Thanks!  Funny you say that...I think I was tougher last year, since I fell down a lot and always looked like I lost fights.  So far I'm staying upright a lot more this year.  My bruises this year are all from the mountain bike.  So hopefully by this time next year I can go for some stretches without being all black-and-blue. Tongue

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Congratulations Zoomie!!!!

PBs since age 60:  5k- 24:36, 10k - 47:17. Half Marathon- 1:42:41.

10 miles (unofficial) 1:16:44.

Still counts.  Congratulations and cheers! 

+1.  Rock on, Zoomie.

"When a person trains once, nothing happens. When a person forces himself to do a thing a hundred or a thousand times, then he certainly has developed in more ways than physical. Is it raining? That doesn't matter. Am I tired? That doesn't matter, either. Then willpower will be no problem." 
                    Emil Zatopek

You'll ruin your knees!

Zoom, THAT.IS.AWESOME!!! 

Greatness... and to think I knew you when! 

The pic is priceless!

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Dog-Love

I love the socks FFS.  I don't know what FFS means but I can guess and from the gal who started us with HTFU...I am sure I am right.  Great job zoomy.

Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)

Needs more cowbell!

I love the socks FFS.  I don't know what FFS means but I can guess and from the gal who started us with HTFU...I am sure I am right.  Great job zoomy.

For fuck's sake! I can't wait for the next race...sweet suffering!

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Needs more cowbell!

Zoom, THAT.IS.AWESOME!!! 

Greatness... and to think I knew you when! 

The pic is priceless!

Hey, my El Mariachi should be here this week -- freaking out!

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Congratulations Zoomy! Love the photo too.

Use your momentum...keep going.  You know you can make it.

I wish I had a photo of myself looking THAT GOOD!

Nature is unable to make a really first-class job of anything if she is hustled...

Halifax Bluenose 10K May 2015 - 64:05

Halifax Navy 5K August 2015

Annapolis Valley, NS HM October 2015