More miles than degrees club (Read 4509 times)

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

That's beautiful!

Ten miles on snow shoes again, finished up it was -1, had started out at -7.  It was so much easier today.  Having a broken trail makes as much difference as having a tailwind versus a headwind.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

It really is, thank you!  I am very lucky to live so close to that area, it's less than a mile from my house.

Leah, mother of dogs

keeponrunning

It's been so cold this winter I'm happy to report I DIDN'T do more miles than degrees tonight!!!!!!!  This is the coldest winter I can remember.

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

joescott

It's been so cold this winter I'm happy to report I DIDN'T do more miles than degrees tonight!!!!!!!  This is the coldest winter I can remember.

Me, too!  12 is less than 32.  Yeah!!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

Just barely made it in under the cut off.  10 miles, 9 degrees.  I am very much looking forward to not being in the club tomorrow.

Leah, mother of dogs

joescott

Did not make the club today (but might again in a day or two), but, cursed winter, fell pretty dang hard when I stepped on a thick patch of ice this morning camoflauged by a quarter inch of freshly fallen snow.  Aaaargg!  Hip is sore, knee is sore, elbow is sore, what my wife would consider my thick, boney head took a good whack, too.  (Might have had that coming...)   Well, all minor wounds, I guess.  Nothing pulled or sprained or strained or torn, if ya know what I mean.

- Joe

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Take care, joescott!  You can't afford anything beyond what you call a "minor wound".

Looks like we have a whole week of single digit-to-zero weather in store, but due to blizzard conditions, I might have to resort to the treadmill in the morning, for the second time this winter.  I'll keep you posted.

joescott

Thanks, man.  I think I might also have to retreat to the TM in the morning as you are doing.

- Joe

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

Yep, did the treadmill this morning, along with cross training on snow scoop repeats. Smile

joescott

Same here.  Lots and LOTS of snow scoop repeats last evening and again this morning.  Dreadmill run over my lunch hour. 

- Joe

Mysecondnewname

12 inches of snow and zero degrees where I am.   (Don't have snowshoes, so I guess I'm going to be a member of the "same miles as degrees club" today  ).

TM, here I come!  (At least I can watch the season finale of Sherlock during the run).

joescott

Well, I was hoping for a new low temperature PR this morning.  The TV stations were saying it might get as cold as -11F, so I was all pumped up and geared up for a frosty run this morning.  But when I got up it was only a measly -1F, so while I still made the club today with 8 miles, it was a wee disappointing!

- Joe

spinach

I am getting tired of being in this club.  Just about every outdoor run in the past month has more miles than degrees. I am waiting for a nice balmy day when the temperature outside is up to 15° F or  20°  for my run.

joescott

I am getting tired of being in this club.  Just about every outdoor run in the past month has more miles than degrees. I am waiting for a nice balmy day when the temperature outside is up to 15° F or  20°  for my run.

Yes, I definitely agree.  It gets to be a struggle through February, especially this year, to keep spirits up.  I guess that's part of why I like this thread -- it gives me a little mental game to play and share with others as one more tool to help trudge through to spring.

- Joe

NikoRosa

Funky Kicks 2019

13 miles, 9 degrees.  I started out with six miles on this unplowed road and quickly realized I would bonk and die if I stayed on it.  So instead of doing this road twice like normal, I added an extra mile and a big hill and went on the plowed main road.  Got home 30 minutes sooner than I did yesterday with an extra mile added in.  Footing is everything.

Leah, mother of dogs