blisters (Read 601 times)

I have a nagging blister on the toe next to my pinky. It's werid because I don't have new shoes. These are the same shoes I"ve been wearing. The thing now has turned hard. I put a cotton ball between the two toes before I go running. Today I used a bandaid, but the pinky rubbed against the bandaid , and I got a new blister on my pinkey. Lovely .....

- Anya

When you use a bandaid to protect a blister, you are best off using lubrication (Body Glide, Vasoline, etc.) on both the inside and outside of the bandaid. I've often had the same experience as you -- I protected an existing blister so well that neighboring toes got a new blister from the bandaging. Cry

How To Run a Marathon: Step 1 - start running. There is no Step 2.

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Blister Shield powder is good stuff. I had a pair of shoes that gave me a blister about 70 miles in. Eventually I didn't have any more issues and subsequent pairs of the same shoe never gave me issues. But that's when I discovered the Blister Shield.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Blister Shield powder is good stuff. I had a pair of shoes that gave me a blister about 70 miles in. Eventually I didn't have any more issues and subsequent pairs of the same shoe never gave me issues. But that's when I discovered the Blister Shield.
          Glad I'm not the only one.. Can I buy it at CVS? I need to do something.

- Anya

When you use a bandaid to protect a blister, you are best off using lubrication (Body Glide, Vasoline, etc.) on both the inside and outside of the bandaid. I've often had the same experience as you -- I protected an existing blister so well that neighboring toes got a new blister from the bandaging. Cry
            I'll try it, thanks!! PS , I'm too stupid to do a quote reply with two different quotes. d'oh!

- Anya

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Glad I'm not the only one.. Can I buy it at CVS? I need to do something.
              I ordered it online...no one local carried it, which is a damned shame--it's incredible stuff. Here is their product locator. They make a roll-on, too, which I think would be similar to Body Glide.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Cool. Thanks Kirsten. I'm so mad I have a new one, now , next to the old one. I felt it forming as soon as I headed out this morning. My co worker says the old blister is now a corn. How gross it that?

- Anya