Training summaries week ending 4/13/08 (Read 383 times)

Feeling the growl again

Seems every week I end up far shy of what I target...so this week I targeted 95 miles. M- AM, 6 miles easy 6:39 avg. PM , 3 mile wu then 8X400m on grass oval w/2min jog recovery all 77/78sec except last one 75. 1.25 mile cd for 7.25 miles total. Dog followed, man was he TIRED. (for those who don't know, I have a .57 mile loop for wu/cd on grass and an accurate 400m grass track a little slow with a rise in turn 4). T - AM, 6 miles easy 6:44 avg. PM, 8 miles easy 6:41 avg W - 10 miles easy 6:53 AVG, except tried CV mile repeats got 1 mile 5:37, 3min jog, 800m 5:54 avg, gave up and easy to finish out. R - 8.75 miles total.2 mile wu 6:53 avg, then 6 mile tempo on tm 6:00 pace (max) 2% grade, except last .5 mile 4% grade. 0.75 mile cd. F - AM, 6 miles easy 6:45 avg. PM, 1 miles easy 6:58 avg then baby woke up. Sad Sa - 6 miles easy 6:39 avg. Su - 16 miler. 1st 15 6:44 avg, then last mile 5:39. Total for week: 75 miles. Most miles since at least August 2007 (sadly less than my avg in 2006). Felt pretty good, a little tired now and then, probably more from work/sleep than running.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

Hannibal Granite

M - 8.1 miles 7:03 pace T - 12 miles 6:57 pace W - 8.1 miles 7:24 pace + drills R - 12.3 miles 7:01 pace F - Off Sa - 4 miles easy 7:08 Su - 16.3 miles 6:54 pace Total for week: ~ 61 miles Feeling good about the 1/2 Mar. I'm doing on April 26th. I'm not expecting anything near a PR as all I have done this year so far is try to build my mileage back up, the only speedwork I've done is a couple of races. However, my everyday pace is right around 7 minutes/mile, which doesn't feel like I'm working at all, so I'm shooting for something in the 6 min/mile range in the race.

"You NEED to do this" - Shara

Good week guys. You're two runners I look up to. I'm glad to see you're both doing well on your respective roads back. I had my second-last week of training leading up to Boston. I missed a couple of runs but the quality was definitely there. I did 16k today with 12.6k in 51:15, or roughly 8 miles in 52 minutes. The effort was high given the hills and wind, but I don't think Boston is going to be that hilly with 25 mph winds. One concern I do have is that I wasn't very good at pacing with the wind. This is a 6.3k loop I run on all the time and I really should have been able to keep a more even effort. I ran too hard with the wind, unable to slow down, and struggled going into the wind. I really had no rhythm. I'll need to be better next Monday. April 7 – April 13 Monday – 6k very slow in about 40 minutes, very sore Tuesday – 7k, legs still heavy Wednesday – 5 x poplar plains downhill in 1:40, 15k total, legs feel better after than before Thursday – off Friday – 5k Saturday – off Sunday – 12.6k on hilly loop in 51:15 (4:04/km), very windy, awkward pacing but good speed 49 km
          M - 10k easy, sore throat afterwards Tu - rest - rotten cold W - as above Th - as above F - as above - but starting to feel better Sa - 10k hilly with club Su - 25k with one *enormous* hill Shocked Total for week: 45k glad to get the cold out of the way now so i can be fully recovered for the half in just under 3 weeks