Is there any reason a female shouldn't wear men's running shoes? (Read 2023 times)

MrH

I have found some great fitting womens running shoes a few times that were pink or yellow......and as much as I will wear women's sizes, I still refuse to wear their colors...... Shocked Roll eyes Shocked
    Yeah ... for a guy to wear shoes that color they better be damn fast.Smile

The process is the goal.

Men heap together the mistakes of their lives, and create a monster they call Destiny.

I had the same problem with my Asics 2130s (great fit but heel slipped) and the clerk showed me a different way to lace them that cinched in the heel a lot better. As a wide-footed woman I have often purchased men's shoes to get a good fit, until I found the Asics and they seem to fit me pretty well (just got a pair of new kayanos for christmas).
      2009 Goals:
      PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
      Run a 10K
      Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
      Complete my first Sprint Tri
        My wife was having troube with a black toe nail towards the end of her marathon training program last fall. She wears 2130's. Our local shoe guy did not have the next size up in womens,so he fit her with the men's. She says they feel great, but don't look as good as her pink and white 2130's for women. Dead I also work with a guy who is small (only 5'2) and he sometimes says it easier to find womens shoes that fit him. He says the only issue is color, no pink,,,,Now rest assured none of the guys at work give him a hard time over this Wink
        OverAnalyzer

I switched to men's Sauconys when I got tired of the 4th pair of purple and grey women's. I am now back to women's, but I would go with the men's version in a heartbeat if it meant I could get a color I liked better. (Yes, i confess that is why I tried switching. I really like the current colors and honestly couldn't tell the difference betwen the men's and women's versions of the same Saucony.