The 100 dollar question: Sports Bras (Read 1748 times)

Elly.

I found the Fiona uncomfortable.  The hardware in the back, and the straps would come loose in the wash.  Finally the straps seemed to be an issue because I could not get them back properly and the velcro chafed my skin.  

I wear a Vixen now, because I don't have to deal with hardware.  The foam cups get clammy after running and it is impossible to get off. 

I am not going to buy a extremely expensive bra like Panache unless I can try it on. I don't know anyone in my town that sells them.

http://www.ellyfosterphotography.com/

turtle girl

I like the Champion Seamless also.  They don't have underwire and they are reasonably priced at Target.

SprinklesRunner

Whippet

I chafe like crazy in anything that Moving Comfort makes.  I don't get the love for their bras wither.  I also can't breathe in their bras.  Very annoying.  I personally like the AllSport bra from Lulu because I hate the hooks/restrictiveness of things like the TaTa tamer.   The Allsport is pretty much the only bra that I like to run in.

13.1: 1:45 | 26.2: 3:55

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I chafe like crazy in anything that Moving Comfort makes.  I don't get the love for their bras wither.  I also can't breathe in their bras.  Very annoying.

This.  I think I have tried 4 models.  $$$ experimentation.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Moving Comfort's Vero chafed me bloody during a 10-mile race in the rain. Gave it another shot as because it does keep the girls under control and I thought the rain might have been a factor, but it still chafed (not quite as badly, though).

On the other hand, Moving Comfort Phoebe is my absolute go-to bra. I bought two when they were clearing out ones branded with "Rock n Roll Marathon" for something ridiculous like $10 each. Probably their simplest bra, but it keeps everything in place (C/D and old enough to need support) and doesn't chafe. Probably won't luck into another sale like that, but I like the Phoebe enough to pay full price next time if I have to. 

Tried at least two other MC bras: Cara in D was too big, but is okay for biking; and another I don't remember the name of that is incredibly soft and comfortable but just doesn't support me well enough. 

Lynx

I swear by Shock Absorber Run. I keep buying them over and over again.  The adjustable back helps prolong the lifetime once they get a bit worn out. Plus best bounce control I've found on this side of the ocean. 

In context of the initial post- yes they do have stitching (and I'm not a fan) but it what it lacks in looks it makes up in function (and I always wear a T-shirt anyway)

http://www.amazon.com/Shock-Absorber-Womens-Sports-Silver/dp/B00368CL7S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1354717781&sr=8-1&keywords=shock+absorber+run

BexKix, Bagel Defender

I like the Champion Seamless also.  They don't have underwire and they are reasonably priced at Target.

I loved my Champion C9.  It was great for martial arts (read: jumping, spinning) and served me well its last few years when I started running. I was a 38B.  It was enough cup to cover nippage and avoid uni-boob, and once the girls were tucked it, they weren't moving.

When I was nursing, Moving Comfort kept the D's in place. I don't remember the model, it was a little high cut (collar bone high). But again, the girls weren't budging.

Now I'm a 38 A/B, and so far have been happy with lightweight Target bras, added bonus for cuteness.

bounce76

I must be odd, I like the Moving Comfort Juno & Fiona bras, more than any other I have tried! 

I am a 34D, so while I love the champion seamless bras from target when I'm just lounging around the house, I need some serious bounce control for running. 

Upcoming Races:

AC Marathon: 10/13

Honeybadgerruns.com

bojangles

I must be odd, I like the Moving Comfort Juno & Fiona bras, more than any other I have tried! 

I am a 34D, so while I love the champion seamless bras from target when I'm just lounging around the house, I need some serious bounce control for running. 

Funny username to post content.

bounce76

Lol Bojangles, I didn't even think of that Smile

I used to be a fitness instructor, so my kids used to tell people that I would "bounce" for my job, the username has just kind of stuck with me, even though the job hasn't.

Upcoming Races:

AC Marathon: 10/13

Honeybadgerruns.com

Encouragement welcome

To my own surprise, I'm really liking my UnderArmour one (the line that is colour coded by cup size.) It was pricier than my last sports bras, but it's comfortable, supports well and when I'm sweaty post run, it's not impossible to get off (racer back plus hooks). 

I have one of these and I really like it, but on my last run (probably the fourth time I'd worn it) I started bouncing a LOT.  I'm 38DD so it was pretty painful. Sad  It was great until that happened though, but not as great as the UA Endure bra I've gone back to.  

I'm not thrilled with the stretchy straps, or the fact that they adjust themselves to the longest length as I run, when I need the shortest length.  LOL  

But I"m going to do a little altering to that bra tonight, and see if I can't stop the resizing-while-wearing because I really do love that bra, otherwise.  It's cute, and I'm not pleased by the plainness of the Endure, or the front zipper (I pin it at the top to keep it from unzipping on me.)

Pace Goal : 14 mm

5k Goal: 40 minutes

10k, half, and marathon someday....

(Hey, I'm just getting started!)

Encouragement welcome

Borderline C/D cup here, even when I'm slightly underweight, and I am envious of those of you who can wear those cute little bras. There really are days when I think longingly about breast reduction surgery.

Well, heck, I can't get this to work right.  So I'm in your quote box.  

I think longingly about another breast reduction.  Smile  Mine went great!  No complications, very little pain, got down to a pleasant C.

But sometimes... they grow back.  (stupid estrogen)  *sigh*  At least they didn't grow back to quite the same size as before.  Smile  Yet.  LMBO!  

Pace Goal : 14 mm

5k Goal: 40 minutes

10k, half, and marathon someday....

(Hey, I'm just getting started!)

Purple Toes

Moving Comfort's Vero chafed me bloody during a 10-mile race in the rain. Gave it another shot as because it does keep the girls under control and I thought the rain might have been a factor, but it still chafed (not quite as badly, though).

On the other hand, Moving Comfort Phoebe is my absolute go-to bra. I bought two when they were clearing out ones branded with "Rock n Roll Marathon" for something ridiculous like $10 each. Probably their simplest bra, but it keeps everything in place (C/D and old enough to need support) and doesn't chafe. Probably won't luck into another sale like that, but I like the Phoebe enough to pay full price next time if I have to. 

Tried at least two other MC bras: Cara in D was too big, but is okay for biking; and another I don't remember the name of that is incredibly soft and comfortable but just doesn't support me well enough. 

Ugh, had similar experience during a race while wearing the MC Fiona. I have chafing issues with all of my bras (mostly Under Armor) despite applying Glide and I heard good things about MC, but alas, it was no better and in fact worse because the velcro straps also caused problems. I've gone back to using a Champion bra that I forgot I had. A little less support but also less chafing.

BH Slogger

I have tried a variety of sports bras and have found that you don't scrimp $ on this one if you are logging high miles. I have been chaffed bloody by cheap bras and learned the hard way with a front zip style. I am running ultras and find that nothing works perfectly on runs over 50 miles. Last year I ordered a Zensah bra from Zombie Runner, and have since found them on Amazon and our local running store. This is by far the best bra I've owned. Zensah also makes compression wear and the bra is of the same material with no seams or digging straps, no bouncing or binding.  I am a 36B and wear a S/M Zensah. I am sold and threw my others away. (and, NFG here)

NFG?