Yummy gels! (Read 782 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

In the past I had always used GU packets for runs of more than 10 miles. Today I had a couple of Carb Boom packets on my 13. That banana peach one is REALLY good...tastes like banana peach baby food! The strawberry kiwi isn't bad, either. Big grin They're a lot less sweet and more tart/tangy than GU. Go down much easier. k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I ran my, er, long run this weekend with NO gels.
        I don't have very many long runs under my belt, but I've never tried a gel. And don't want to. Tongue Something about it just has my stomach giving me a big "DON'T DO IT".

Michelle

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

I eventually want to wean myself off of anything more than Gatorade and water, but I'm not going to start messing with that until after my 2 remaining HMs this year. I'm not entirely convinced that I will ever be able to go completely without for a full marathon, though.

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

I eventually want to wean myself off of anything more than Gatorade and water, but I'm not going to start messing with that until after my 2 remaining HMs this year. I'm not entirely convinced that I will ever be able to go completely without for a full marathon, though.
            The gels sound like a good thing, I just don't know if my stomach could handle them or not. When Pam and I ran the 20 miles, I carried my water bottle and I had some gummy bears in the little pocket on the case of the bottle. I'm not sure if it was enough but I did okay. I still need to figure out what to carry on Sunday for the marathon. I really want to just rely on the water stops for my water and put Gatorade in my bottle, but I've never done that before, I alway carry just water for my runs. I probably shouldn't change things up for Sunday.

Michelle

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Of course, if I was running hard, I most likely would have taken gels.
              mikeymike

I took down my first two gels in about 3.5 years on Sunday. Orange burst Gu. No problems. More for practice than anything. Pretty sure I would not have needed them but since I will need them for the full baby I figured I should do a couple practice runs. I'll probably take a couple under race conditions at my upcoming 30k too, in the interest of thoroughness.

Runners run

madness baby

Of course, if I was running hard, I most likely would have taken gels.
                  HTFU trent.
                  deb