Running HR and improvements for data geeks.. (Read 477 times)

I run for Fried Chicken!

Just wanted to post something for the HR and data geeks out there and maybe motivate people. Hopefully people will find this interesting. Short summary, started my 2nd running life around August 2007. Decided to take it more seriously around Dec 2007. I've just been doing easy runs, no real speed workouts. Just running at an easy pace. I've don't normally wear a HR monitor but I decided to measure my HR every 2 months or so. All runs are done on a treadmill in the same gym. So 1st measurement was 1/9/08. I run 6 miles but throw out the 1st mile because it's really a warm up mile. 1/9/08 - Avg pace 11:57 - Avg HR 166 3/5/08 - Avg pace 11:08 - Avg HR 164 - miles since last measurement 195 - 49 sec improvement 5/8/08 - Avg pace 10:33 - Avg HR 164 - miles since last measurement 175 - 35 sec improvement So real definite improvement there. Here's a spreadsheet for those who are interested. http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=p7bfvRJL-_YK2FrBVRPjKag I'm going to continue doing the test every 2 month and see where I go.
      Nice... it is fun to look at data like that! I like the miles since last measurement!
        Cool. I do a similar test on myself, but I also vary the TM speed and plot a avg HR vs speed and then compare to previous tests. Interesting and motivating. Way to go!
        Brandon