Drinking on long runs? (Read 2045 times)

I take a Fuel Belt if I am going to be out longer than 1 1/2 hours. I fill them with Gatorade and drink one bottle after each 1/5th of the run. Not only do I stay hydrated, but it breaks up the monotony since every ~20 minutes I drink a little Gatorade.

The Terminator

I: 1. run routes that pass water fountains. 2. run routes that pass stores where I can purchase a bottle of water en route. 3. carry and drop water. This is especially good on out-and-backs. I carry water for the first half of the first leg and drop it. Then I finish the leg and turn around, picking the water back up halfway through the last leg.

"In the South, the cotillion of Machiavelli is played as a soft-shoe, in three-quarter time." - Pat Conroy

mgerwn

Hold the Mayo

My preferred method for carrying water (in warmer temperatures anyway) is a water bottle with a hand strap. I used that during my 50k to good effect.
        R2W - Do you have a holder that has a strap, or is there a water brand that sell formed bottles? If it's a holder you put the bottle in, where can I get one?