Explaining BQ'ing to non runners (Read 1187 times)

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

I am in a  play  opening on Broadway and I have one line.

I have been in the minors for 10 years. I get called up to the Majors in September.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

xor

I get to try out for the circus every weekend.  Most weekends, I try out as the sad clown.  One weekend, I tried out as the trapeze artist. 

(I was gonna say lion tamer, but I don't want to tick off the animal rights folks.  Plus, when it comes to the animal acts in the circus, I happen to BE one of those animal rights folks.)

xor

I was not able to execute the quintuple flip.  Waiting to see if the triple flip will get me in, at least as a substitute act.

I get called up to the Majors in September.

C or Bb?

(I was gonna say lion tamer, but I don't want to tick off the animal rights folks.)

Or the accountants.

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Or the accountants.

I always explain my cryptic references and bad jokes when asked.

I call upon you now: say what?

I always explain my cryptic references and bad jokes when asked.

I call upon you now: say what?

"Lion taming!"  (It's work-safe.)

"I want you to pray as if everything depends on it, but I want you to prepare yourself as if everything depends on you."

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

Ah so.  Monty Python and I missed it.  This has been revised.

heather85

Just skip the middle man -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04&feature=related

ymmv

I was not able to execute the quintuple flip.  Waiting to see if the triple flip will get me in, at least as a substitute act.

You have to be able to do the Triple Lindy

AmoresPerros

Options,Account, Forums

Course you'll need an additional springboard.

It's a 5k. It hurt like hell...then I tried to pick it up. The end.

Imminent Catastrophe

I always wanted to be an astronaut but instead I got really rich and bought a seat on a Soyuz. 

"Able to function despite imminent catastrophe"

"To obtain the air that angels breathe you must come to Tahoe"--Mark Twain

"The most common question from potential entrants is 'I do not know if I can do this' to which I usually answer, 'that's the whole point'.--Paul Charteris, Tarawera Ultramarathon RD.

√ Javelina Jundred Jalloween 2015

Cruel Jewel 50 mile May 2016

Western States 100 June 2016

I get to try out for the circus every weekend.  Most weekends, I try out as the sad clown.  One weekend, I tried out as the trapeze artist.

And the BAA judges your clown-worthiness based not on how old you are when you audition, but on how old you'll be at some later date when the circus is actually in town.

-- Dick LeBeau

xor

I always wanted to be an astronaut but instead I got really rich and bought a seat on a Soyuz. 

You are describing the special celeb entries.

beat

Break on through

I am in a  play  opening on Broadway and I have one line.

I have been in the minors for 10 years. I get called up to the Majors in September.

It's a major accomplishment for me, personally, but nobody else really cares about it.

"Not to touch the Earth, not to see the Sun, nothing left to do but run, run, run..."