I could've killed that little punk with the skateboard.... (Read 974 times)

What chaps my a*s about smokers is they don't want their stinky left over butts in there car, so they throw them out. How stupid is that? You smoke, you know the butts stink and you don't want them in the car, so toss them out. In my opinion, they should be ticketed just like someone seen tossing out a cup or anything else.
    I agree. I used to work as a technician and had to clean up the cig butts every few weeks even though I was not an employee who smoked. We did not have a smoker's paradise, butt can, or whatever the heck they are calling them these days. Oh... I suggest you carry a javelin with you on your next run.

Vim

JakeKnight

Continuation of brattiness to follow: Right. Because kids with skateboards dressed in black stab folks over an empty Powerade bottle. I dunno. I understand that she was "just describing." But it was a powerful description that raised my own different sort of indignation. Enough already. Or too much, already, from me. I'll go back in my hole and quit being so grouchy.
      Who let you out of the swamp? Did you fill out the proper forms? Were you authorized by the committee and/or The Lord of The Internets? Did you get your shots? I hate to be a stickler here, but this sort of unauthorized commentary in the GSP is worse than littering. I'm reporting you to people who'll likely mock you and make embarrassing photoshops. I hope you're happy. Hippie.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
      -----------------------------

ok well i really wasnt trying to start a "fight" about my topic, I was just trying to paint the picture. Besides, I really cant stand teenagers (most of them) these days so yeah maybe i was being a little partial to how he was dressed. BUT HE SHOULDNT HAVE LITTERED! His parents should have taught him better... Anyway, i'm glad to see I wasnt over-reacting, next time i will definitely find my inner balls and speak up about it.
          Basically, I CAN"T STAND people who litter, it is TOTALLY unnecessary. The next time I go back that way, I will find that bottle and throw it out properly (just to make myself feel better). Anyone else ever see anything like this and actually do something about it?
          You know what is worse, people who use the street mail boxes as garbage cans. As part of my job I clear about 10 street mail receptacles a day. Once a week on average, I find that one will have either leftover Ice cream or part cups of coffee / pop thrown in with the mail. Some people don't think some just don't care, as long as they didn't post a letter in that box.

"The drops of rain make a hole in the stone, not by violence, but by oft falling." - Lucretius

can't control the actions of others (as much as we'd like to)...only control our own actions. Pick up the bottle, find a proper waste receptacle, and give thanks for the opportunity to clean up some litter.... If that's your nature to do so.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
            kcam

can't control the actions of others (as much as we'd like to)...only control our own actions. Pick up the bottle, find a proper waste receptacle, and give thanks for the opportunity to clean up some litter.... If that's your nature to do so.
              Beautiful. Why is it that when we go to the backcountry for a little hiking we adhere to the 'Leave it BETTER than you found it' school of thought and pack out any trash we find but we don't do that on our regular runs or walks? Just grab a wrapper or a piece of trash and toss it in the next can. Please fight litter everywhere you see it.