Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon (Read 487 times)

took place in Anchorage today. It was the first time DH and I went out to watch. Temp was 54, overcast, great running weather. Not sure how many participants. There was also a half and a 5 miler. There were runners from 49 states - (West VA missing), five provinces, and a total of 17 different countries. We watched the start, then went to a park to do our own run, and then went to the finish line to cheer the racers coming in. We had a great time! It looked like so much fun, hard not to catch the racing bug after that! Keep us in mind for next year! race info

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
    Thyroid Support Group

mikeymike

My sis ran that for her first marathon a few years back. I know a few others who've done it too. It's on my list.

Runners run

Sounds like a very cool race!
        2009: BQ?
        zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Wow, what awesome weather! That really sounds like a cool race. Big grin k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

the participants were fun too. There was one couple in matching white tech tanks "bride" and "groom" and "so what did you do on your honeymoon?' Very Cute!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the number of moments that take our breath away...(unkown)

Go With The Flow
            Thyroid Support Group