Please allow me to introduce myself (Read 1106 times)

Another Passion

Here, here. Welcome to RA, Mike. I think you'll like it here and, from what I've seen so far... fit right in! Big grin Just go easy on yourself getting back into it.

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

Welcome to RA Mike! You're gonna like it here! Smile

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

WOW !!! Thanx for the great welcome and kind words. I knew I'ld like it here.

If Your're Not Living On The Edge, Your're Taking Up Too Much Space

huskydon

Great story! Good luck to you. I hope running can be as fun for you again as it is for so many on this board. huskydon
            welcome aboard - what i want to know though is what did you get for winning the bet of breaking 8min? Hank

Just running for the fun of it!

TOGA TOGA TOGA TOGA

Hank I won $200.Which just about covered the bar tab and massage I needed after.

If Your're Not Living On The Edge, Your're Taking Up Too Much Space

Dog-Love

"Use all of you well learned polite-ness...or we'll lay you down to rest" Woo-woo..all-right Now I have to go play all my Stones albums...and I think I have ALL of them! Welcome and now you are making me want to run faster. You're going to do just fine here! I'm in my 40's about to turn 50 and I am starting to get faster....and I am definitely more patient with myself than when I was 20 something
                Run like you are on fire! 5K goal 24:00 or less (PR 24:34) 10K goal 50:00 or less (PR 52:45) HM goal 1:55:00 or less (PR 2:03:02) Marathon Goal...Less than my PR (PR 4:33:23)
                waterfordrider

Team Effort

Hank I won $200.Which just about covered the bar tab and massage I needed after.
                  Wow, and a massage was all you needed? Good luck and like all the others said don't try to build up too fast. Big grin

www.runninngahead.com/groups/5000MC/forum

JakeKnight

Now I have to go play all my Stones albums...and I think I have ALL of them!
                    Would this make you a Stones Crab? Ha. I crack myself up.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                    -----------------------------

PWL

Has been

I was never a track star, but I could run a sub-6:00 pretty easily back when I was a kid.
                      You can still run sub-6:00: just don't tell anyone what distance you'll be attempting to run in that 6 minutes.
                      It's going to be fun to watch you.
                      I think you've got some stalker in you, JK?

"Years ago my mother used to say to me, she'd say, 'In this world, Elwood, you must be' - she always called me Elwood - 'In this world, Elwood, you must be oh so smart or oh so pleasant.'  Well, for years I was smart.  I recommend pleasant."

JakeKnight

You can still run sub-6:00: just don't tell anyone what distance you'll be attempting to run in that 6 minutes.
                        We are talking about the 100 yard dash, right?
                        I think you've got some stalker in you, JK?
                        Sure but I'm taking pills for that.

E-mail: eric.fuller.mail@gmail.com
                        -----------------------------

pokey52

Hello. Good Luck guy. I think a lot of us have been in the same boat. Just take that first step and enjoy the ride.