Post Your Small, or Big, Victory For The Day! (Read 5844 times)

Marylander

Today's run marks 500 straight running days averaging 2.5 miles/day with a minimum of 1 per day. I've also done 40 straight days of squatting, usually just doing 2 sets of 5 with 225. This streak thing works really well for me. My goals are basically just health related, trying to keep as much life in me as I get older, and this approach seems to do the trick for that.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

This streak thing works really well for me. My goals are basically just health related, trying to keep as much life in me as I get older, and this approach seems to do the trick for that.

Nice.

Do not get streaking. I may need to start streaking with the resistance bands. I can not get past  4 times a month.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

Got my BQ today and a big PR:  3:12:56.  Just went for it on a perfect running day (53F and cloudy).  Yeah!

Marylander

Do not get streaking. I may need to start streaking with the resistance bands. I can not get past  4 times a month.

Streaking takes the whole, "am I going to do this thing today even though I don't really feel like it?" out of the equation for me. That question ends up bumping to a 2nd, 3rd, etc day and next thing I know I haven't run for a month. So, while 1 mile is a very modest daily goal even for me (I've just got one 200+ mile month in my whole running "career" and usually do a lot less) I actually get it done with a streak. If I were to miss a day now I'd probably take off for a year or something. Wink

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Got my BQ today and a big PR:  3:12:56.  Just went for it on a perfect running day (53F and cloudy). 

CONGRATS!!!!

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Streaking takes the whole, "am I going to do this thing today even though I don't really feel like it?" out of the equation for me. That question ends up bumping to a 2nd, 3rd, etc day and next thing I know I haven't run for a month. So, while 1 mile is a very modest daily goal even for me (I've just got one 200+ mile month in my whole running "career" and usually do a lot less) I actually get it done with a streak. If I were to miss a day now I'd probably take off for a year or something. Wink

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Check one more off the bucket List.

Pistol 100-- 27:47: x x

Name not of the finisher list, yet.My blistered feet know!

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

robin from maine

Terrific job - congratulations!

npaden

Congrats Clay!

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

My biggest recent victory is convincing my wife and daughter to train for an upcoming race. My wife has run 3 days now and my daughter 2 days. Now... If I can keep them going...

Marylander

My biggest recent victory is convincing my wife and daughter to train for an upcoming race. My wife has run 3 days now and my daughter 2 days. Now... If I can keep them going...

Awesome! I run with one of my daughters. I wish I could get her sister out too. I gently nudge, VERY gently. My wife tried doing C25K a couple years ago but she has knee issues and has had surgery on both knees for genetic problems with her meniscus(es). The pain was too much.

Good luck!

Awesome! I run with one of my daughters. I wish I could get her sister out too. I gently nudge, VERY gently. My wife tried doing C25K a couple years ago but she has knee issues and has had surgery on both knees for genetic problems with her meniscus(es). The pain was too much.

Good luck!

My daughter has actually ran a couple of 5k races with me, but she does it more for the novelty, (the last was a zombie run). My wife is the bigger challenge. Once she does a race, she'll be hooked. Unfortunately she has the impression that the only woman who run are skinny and in shape. And, she has never been to any of my races to see that isn't true.

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Show her some of the ladies on Facebook-MM-HF page. There are plenty of not so thin ladies here.

My daughter has actually ran a couple of 5k races with me, but she does it more for the novelty, (the last was a zombie run). My wife is the bigger challenge. Once she does a race, she'll be hooked. Unfortunately she has the impression that the only woman who run are skinny and in shape. And, she has never been to any of my races to see that isn't true.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter

KYRunner859

Slow Runner

First 5K and distance run and finished 16th of 352 and 3rd of 63 in my age group......most ran the 10 Miler so thinned the field. But hey it was an accomplishment in my book. 25.19 was my time.

NEW TO RUNNING DISTANCE, BUT ENJOYING IT!!!

3K PR - 15.53

5K PR - 25.19

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Well this was an accomplishment for me but i just started running and just joined the forum today and already been told my time was unremarkable for my age group, what a boost of confidence LOL.

But....First 5K and distance run and finished 16th of 352 and 3rd of 63 in my age group......most ran the 10 Miler so thinned the field. But hey it was an accomplishment in my book. 25.19 was my time.

Congratulations!

To be fair, you DID ask - "Just want to see how i did" and you got an honest answer.  Just keep training and try to improve your time - don't worry what other people think!