Racing in Italy (Read 392 times)

ultramarathon/triathlete

Any idea where to look to find races when traveling abroad?

Specifically, I will be in Rome from Feb 24 - March 4.  I'd like to run in a race while there.  Any distance is fine (though I'd prefer a marathon, but can't find any that week I'll be there).  But it would still be cool to run even a 5K or something.  

Any one know where I can find a good list of local races?  I've checked marathonguide.com and a little googling too, but no real luck yet.

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
    Gatorade Endurance Team

spinach

There are a couple marathons in Italy while you will be there, i don't know where they are in relation to Rome. 

Feb 26 Guiseppe Verdi Marathon in Parma  http://www.verdimarathon.it/

March 4 Treviso Marathon  http://www.trevisomarathon.com/

I hope you can run one.  i ran a couple races in Spain and ran a marathon in England and had a great time in all of them. 

stadjak

Interval Junkie --Nobby

I'd be interested to know as well: Croatia, May 22-June 6th or so.

2021 Goals: 50mpw 'cause there's nothing else to do

ultramarathon/triathlete

I found a half marathon in Rome!    38th Edition of Romaostia Half Marathon

Looks big, should be fun!

Spinach, those two marathons look great, but pretty far from Rome :-(

Stadjak,  don't know any races in Croatia, but I went there for my honeymoon a few years back and had a great time.  PM me if you want recommendations for your trip! 

HTFU?  Why not!

USATF Coach

Empire Tri Club Coach
          Gatorade Endurance Team

BeeRunB

I found a half marathon in Rome!    38th Edition of Romaostia Half Marathon

Looks big, should be fun!

Stadjak,  don't know any races in Croatia, but I went there for my honeymoon a few years back and had a great time.  PM me if you want recommendations for your trip! 

ROme is great! I walked so much, my legs were too tired to run. and the FOOOOOOOD!

Enjoy!

--JimmyCool

spinach

Sorry, I didn't have a map.  I hope you enjoy the half you found.  I really enjoyed the 5ks I ran in Spain and the weird marathon I did in England.