Running IS Therapy (Read 478 times)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Seriously. I have not slept well for weeks and only logged about 5 hours each the last 2 nights. My runs since my HM have also been crap. This is recipe for disasterous runs for me and I was dreading my run this AM...but it was clear, sunny, and crisp outside and I NEEDED to get a run in. My lack of runs in the past couple of weeks has made me antsy. Anyhow...my run this AM was awesome! No pain, I ran hard...probably tempo pace...but I went for over 5 miles non-stop and it felt truly therapeutic. I burned-off some nervous energy and stress...I think I will sleep really well tonite, which will make tomorrow's LONG drive that much easier. It makes me look forward to the run I plan to do on Sun. with my MIL's running group. I will be doing a few miles with a woman training for a marathon (she is doing 20 @ ~10:45 pace...I will probably do 6-7 miles with her). k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

Wingz

Professional Noob

Best therapy I've found! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

You'll ruin your knees!

Be safe, K! We'll be thinking about you and your family! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Thanks, guys! Smile k

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay