Running IS Therapy (Read 478 times)

Needs more cowbell!

Seriously. I have not slept well for weeks and only logged about 5 hours each the last 2 nights. My runs since my HM have also been crap. This is recipe for disasterous runs for me and I was dreading my run this AM...but it was clear, sunny, and crisp outside and I NEEDED to get a run in. My lack of runs in the past couple of weeks has made me antsy. Anyhow...my run this AM was awesome! No pain, I ran hard...probably tempo pace...but I went for over 5 miles non-stop and it felt truly therapeutic. I burned-off some nervous energy and stress...I think I will sleep really well tonite, which will make tomorrow's LONG drive that much easier. It makes me look forward to the run I plan to do on Sun. with my MIL's running group. I will be doing a few miles with a woman training for a marathon (she is doing 20 @ ~10:45 pace...I will probably do 6-7 miles with her). k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)

Best therapy I've found! Big grin

Roads were made for journeys...

You'll ruin your knees!

Be safe, K! We'll be thinking about you and your family! Lynn B

""...the truth that someday, you will go for your last run. But not today—today you got to run." - Matt Crownover (after Western States)

Needs more cowbell!

Thanks, guys! Smile k

I shoot pretty things! ~

'15 Goals:

• Do some dus...and some CX...and some tandem gravel...and some podiums...

• PRs

• 130#s (or less)