Recommend Me An Elite Male Marathoner To Root For On Monday (Read 217 times)

xhristopher

Lets fuck shit up.

You gonna get her a FCKNG SNGLT to wear next time?

L Train

Only if she wants to be suffocated by a sweatervest.

According to RW (ik,r), "Let's fuck shit up" is what she said to Kara at the start of the Olympics.  The article was meant to be positive for both of them, but for me, at least, this line clinches who I'll be rooting for.

Look at that nasty water. Looks like she's in a swamp.

I bet she runs >2000 miles per year...if I can get my second ever >1500 mile year this year then I'm going to jump into the swamp for 2014 too.

L Train

Sorry, your New Bedford time is an automatic qualifier.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Only if she wants to be suffocated by a sweatervest.

According to RW (ik,r), "Let's fuck shit up" is what she said to Kara at the start of the Olympics.  The article was meant to be positive for both of them, but for me, at least, this line clinches who I'll be rooting for.

I dunno...kind of makes me like her all the more.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

I wonder if Kevin Johnson said the same thing before Jones:

http://www.gazettenet.com/sports/4547034-95/race-amherst-johnson-group

Sorry, your New Bedford time is an automatic qualifier.

I guess I'll dip my toes in the swamp a bit earlier than I had thought...

mikeymike

I guess I'll dip my toes in the swamp a bit earlier than I had thought...

It's better to go peacefully than to be dragged in kicking and screaming. We were already forming a posse.

Runners run

Another rooting for Wesley Korir.  He attended the same church as me in Louisville and spoke after he won Boston last year.  He is the real deal and a very humble guy.  He just won a seat in the Kenyan parliament and is going back to try and make a difference.

http://www.southeastoutlook.org/news/top_stories/article_7abfa5e8-9bc1-11e2-b0be-001a4bcf6878.html

Eric

PRs:  5k - (20:42) 3/9/2013 18:55 (9/28/13)

10k - (42:42) 3/23/2013 39:11 (10/26/13) course was short @ 6.0 mi :)

10 mi - (1:12:10) 4/6/2013

HM - (1:34:38) 4/27/2013

For some strange reason I like the Canadians. Rob Watson being hilarious helps.

And we run because we like it
                    Through the broad bright land

GC100k

I'm pulling for the Kenyan guy.

Village people

Well damn, somehow I missed it when Meb withdrew.

I think the answer is, root for the women.

A woman from RWOL placed in the top 20 overall for women, last year. Maybe someone else remembers exactly where, but I will be watching for her. Along with all the other bib numbers I write down.

Village people

A woman from RWOL placed in the top 20 overall for women, last year. Maybe someone else remembers exactly where, but I will be watching for her. Along with all the other bib numbers I write down.

She will be starting with elite women.

LedLincoln

not bad for mile 25

For some strange reason I like the Canadians. Rob Watson being hilarious helps.

Hmm...his taper week is 100 miles.  Don't think that's gonna work for me.