Workout comment functionality? (Read 506 times)

Feeling the growl again

When Person A comments on a workout of Person B in B's log, B recieves a notification via the icon at the top.  If A asked B a question in that workout commend and B replied back underneath it, would A receive a notification in any way or would A have to manually find that workout again and check back to see if B answered their question?

This thought just occurred to me today when I answered a question for someone on a workout comment like this.  If I were asking the question it would be convenient if I was pinged back if the logger replied to my comment.  Perhaps it is already set up this way, I just have not seen a situation play out to make it clear yet?

BTW, this was a great feature upgrade.

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

"run" "2" "eat"

you only receive notifications of comments made to your own log.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

an amazing likeness

This is a great question, something I've wondered about a few times, but not taken the time to test.  So I went into your log (Spaniel), selected your last work and wrote a pithy, witty comment to test.

But when I clicked the "Comment" button to save the comment, got an error pop-up with the text "UnknownException". 

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

Feeling the growl again

This is a great question, something I've wondered about a few times, but not taken the time to test.  So I went into your log (Spaniel), selected your last work and wrote a pithy, witty comment to test.

But when I clicked the "Comment" button to save the comment, got an error pop-up with the text "UnknownException". 

Yup, the comment never arrived on my side.

Last I checked I had not installed a spam filter to block you.  Wink

"If you want to be a bad a$s, then do what a bad a$s does.  There's your pep talk for today.  Go Run." -- Slo_Hand

I am spaniel - Crusher of Treadmills

"run" "2" "eat"

you only receive notifications of comments made to your own log; ergo, you will not receive notification of replies folks make to you in their logs.

i find the sunshine beckons me to open up the gate and dream and dream ~~robbie williams

Dad, Runner, Programmer

My friends and I use the work out comment feature on daily basis and love it.  I can answer for sure that you only get an alert when someone comments on your training.  When someone responds to a comment you have made, you do not know until you check.  

If it could be changed to alert someone in this case too, that would be awesome!

2015 Goal:For now, keep running!

eric :)

If it could be changed to alert someone in this case too, that would be awesome!

This is something I need to add but it is only todos list.