Mizuno.... (Read 3866 times)

Oh snap: Has anyone run in the Musha?  Stable and on the light side. 

"If you have the fire, run..." -John Climacus

Troy.

Oh snap: Has anyone run in the Musha?  Stable and on the light side. 

Have you run in these? Or are you just looking at the specs?

I'm curious...I need to try something new after I get done running through my stack of Inspire 7s.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

Just looking at the specs.  I usually race in Elixirs.  But they're like 3 oz. heavier than the Mushas, so I'm all like "Okay..."

Troy.

Just looking at the specs.  I usually race in Elixirs.  But they're like 3 oz. heavier than the Mushas, so I'm all like "Okay..."

Well, if you decide to try them out, let me know what you think. I'm probably a month or so away from serious shoe buying.

It should be mathematical, but it's not.

You got it.  

Here hold this for the time being.

HAHAHAH! 

A Saucy Wench

I have a pair of Musha's.  I like them a lot. I dont think I could wear them for every day wear, but I liked them for racing. 

I have become Death, the destroyer of electronic gadgets

"When I got too tired to run anymore I just pretended I wasnt tired and kept running anyway" - dd, age 7

Tomorrow will be worse

I have the Musha 3's, first light shoe I ever bought, everything before was marshmallow-esque. I was surprised that I could run in them every day right out of the box, no problems, no real transition, long, tempo, whatever.

There's snow on the ground here though, and they don't have much for lugs on the bottom, so I'm mostly out of them for the winter. Still put them on for days when I know the roads are clear though, I choose them every time over my saucony triumph for everything except when snow/ice is an issue.

MTA - I actually found them on a clearance rack for $45 - figured how could I go wrong?

Thanks, guys.  Yeah, "marshmallow-esque."  I know exactly what you mean. Heh.  

Well, if you decide to try them out, let me know what you think. I'm probably a month or so away from serious shoe buying.

Ran an easy 3 in them last night.  Now I better understand the reasoning behind "run in less shoe to learn how to run better."  They fit my foot like no other shoe ever has.  That's not very helpful to you, though.

All I can say is they feel like racing flat to a guy who runs mainly in Inspire.

They've got a touch of support, but not enough to make them my everyday (or even manyday) trainer, yet.

Hello.  The Inspire 8 is awesome.

Good to read this. I HATE the 7s.

~Sara
                      It's supposed to be hard. If it wasn't hard, everyone would do it. The hard is what makes it great. ~ Jimmy Dugan

I hatER them. I hate their Asics FACE.

Lynx

One thing about the wave inspire 7 - I have gotten more kilometers in them than in any other shoe I've ever used. Though I liked the 6 better too at the beginning, I had to change them under 500km. 

vegefrog

I've been running in Nike Air Pegasus with a Superfeet green insole. Trained for my first marathon and got a black toenail, I guess from shoes being too small. Every race I run someone tells me to "get away from Nike". Well I don't really have a problem with my Pegasus, but it is time to change shoes and I thought it wouldn't hurt to try something different. I can always go back to Nike if I want to. 

So after reading this thread I did some research on Mizuno and I was thinking about trying a pair out. Today I went to pick up a race packet at a local running store and they had all older Mizuno models 50% off. So I tried some on, talked with the guy and ended up with Wave Rider 14 a size bigger then my Pegasus.They have sparkles on them!!!! Smile I hope I like them, from what you guys have said if I do then I can count on finding the same model mostly unchanged every time I need a new pair.

Hey, really glad for you.

But, I wouldn't count on their not changing the model from iteration to iteration.  They are not "good" about that.  

vegefrog

hmmm...well I'll run in them this week and if I LOVE them maybe I'll go back and get another pair! They had the same style in a different color...