1 More Mile - 2012 Edition (Read 1450 times)

I'm Betty if you're Al

Just over a week left...only about 220 miles to go!

Started having some achilles issues last night so hopefully that doesn't turn out to be too serious. Getting it taped tomorrow as a temporary measure to get me through the week...it's not so painful I can't run through it, but it hurts enough that if I wasn't doing something stupid and had to get the miles in then I'd take a few weeks to a month off.

Surprisingly, everything else feels really good.  Hopefully the achilles is a temporary thing and stops bugging me.

I got out to Camp Sunshine today to set up the possible course for the fat ass race next weekend (week from tomorrow) and while the 3.5 mile loop they came up with is actually pretty good, I think I've got a better one that goes through the woods outside Point Sebago and hits the trails. All I need to do is stay healthy so I can run all 31 that day...(speaking of which...anybody here coming? It'll be free.)

Blaine-

Will try and talk the girls I babysit into heading up there to watch.  What an amazing thing you are doing.  Keep on truckin!  Smile

"I would rather have high expectations and fail then have low expectations and succeed." DB

Thanks all!

This is where it has to start consuming your day - It is easier to do 40-20-40-20  = 120 than 28-29-30-31 

Yeah, I've been pretty worthless outside the running.  I can't wait for next week to let life go back to "normal"(ish)

Blaine-

Will try and talk the girls I babysit into heading up there to watch.  What an amazing thing you are doing.  Keep on truckin!  Smile

Hope to see you there!

Yup. Plus I'm eager to see the other side of the pyramid develop in your graph. Evil

Heh, there will be a very fast fall...

Run to Win
      25 Marathons, 17 Ultras, 16 States (Full List)

jeffdonahue

Heh, there will be a very fast fall...

No, you should go back down one mile at a time too Big grin

Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

This.

Yeah...

My wife has already set the ultimatum.

I've got a friend doing a course preview of Boston on Sunday. I emailed him to tell him to ask me after Saturday how I felt and whether I'd be joining him again.  Erin emailed him separately and said that no matter what I might say about the matter if I email him or talk to him about it that I'm not going to be allowed to go anyway.  She knows me so well.

Run to Win

an amazing likeness

The publicity is growing as fast the miles.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

I was pretty happy with that article. Smile  Erin was happy she got to have the last word, too, heheh.

Accidentally ran 30 miles today instead of 29. Oops. Oh well, will run 30.6 tomorrow to maintain the stairs on the graph and then I only need the 31 on Saturday to get the 200 mile week.

Run to Win

1 day left!  Got my extra 4 miles for the week in so as soon as I hit 31 miles tomorrow I'll have gone 31 days of 1 more mile, hit 200 miles in one week, and be 4+ miles over having hit a 500 mile month (although I have done the last before, I've just spread those miles out more evenly throughout the month...)

I've added a course map and turn by turn directions to the facebook event for anybody that has been thinking of coming out to run with us tomorrow. Looks like it will be a good crowd...hopefully there'll be 40-50 people but I think realistically we'll see 20-30 folks show up.

Run to Win

Why is it sideways?

1 day left!  Got my extra 4 miles for the week in so as soon as I hit 31 miles tomorrow I'll have gone 31 days of 1 more mile, hit 200 miles in one week, and be 4+ miles over having hit a 500 mile month (although I have done the last before, I've just spread those miles out more evenly throughout the month...)

I've added a course map and turn by turn directions to the facebook event for anybody that has been thinking of coming out to run with us tomorrow. Looks like it will be a good crowd...hopefully there'll be 40-50 people but I think realistically we'll see 20-30 folks show up.

Congrats, Blaine! Enjoy your victory 50k. I am impressed.

Congratulations Blaine! What you are doing is absolutely amazing. Good luck tomorrow on your last day! 

HermosaBoy

GREAT job Blaine!

Congratulations and enjoy the 50k as much as you can...

And you can quote me as saying I was mis-quoted. Groucho Marx

Rob

Incredible effort Blaine! You've got legs of steel and a heart of gold.

Best part is that today I raised enough money to send a family to camp sunshine.  2 years ago that meant raising $1500, now that means raising $2000.  Last time, I had to donate a few hundred at the end to hit the $1500...this time we're more than 10% of the way towards family #2.  Hopefully the local stations actually put me on tv after the run tomorrow, I think another $1800 is doable.

Run to Win

Amazing job Blaine! This week had to be brutal but today should just be coasting in :-)

I need to find my watch, that'll probably come after the shower/food bit, but yeah...31 miles today, made it through the challenge. 200 miles in the last 7 days. (200.01 based on the watch, in fact.) Hope I can stay awake long enough to watch the news live tonight and see how well they edited me.  Somewhere in the 25-30 person range I think for participants in today's fat ass run to finish it up, and I think that 7 of us went for the wine tasting afterwards. That was fun.

Run to Win