Daughter's Basketball Tryouts (Read 874 times)

Another Passion

My youngest daughter, 12 year old Lindsey, made the 7th grade basketball team yesterday at her junior high! WOOT!! Way to go Lindsey! I'm a proud daddy! Big grin

Rick
    "The will to win means nothing without the will to prepare." - Juma Ikangaa
    "I wanna go fast." Ricky Bobby
    runningforcassy.blogspot.com

That's awesome, Rick! I'll bet you are proud!

When it’s all said and done, will you have said more than you’ve done?

Another Passion

She was sooooo nervous about getting cut. My stomach was in knots yesterday afternoon when I went for my run while she was at the final tryouts. I came in from my run and she was waiting in the front room and said, "I made it dad!" and I was elated for her! Weeheee!

Rick

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Congratulations!! That's wonderful. I've been amazed at how competitive these school teams are. There are so many talented, hard-working kids playing sports! One thing I've liked about high school XC is that everyone runs, and the fastest kids are on varsity. Very clear-cut!
          btb1490

Way to go Lindsey! Let the endless carting the kids around begin! Wink

Another Passion

Congratulations!! That's wonderful. I've been amazed at how competitive these school teams are. There are so many talented, hard-working kids playing sports! One thing I've liked about high school XC is that everyone runs, and the fastest kids are on varsity. Very clear-cut!
              I love the XC programs, all the kids get to participate and the fast ones race varsity. My oldest has run since 7th grade. Their usually a great group of kids too. Btb, we've been carting kids for awhile now. Fortunately, my oldest just got her license this fall and can now run errands for mom and dad, including picking up younger sis from practices. Big grin

Rick

My youngest daughter, 12 year old Lindsey, made the 7th grade basketball team yesterday at her junior high! WOOT!! Way to go Lindsey! I'm a proud daddy! Big grin
                WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOO WTG Lindsey!!!!! Congrats Smile

Your toughness is made up of equal parts persistence and experience. You don't so much outrun your opponents as outlast and outsmart them, and the toughest opponent of all is the one inside your head." - Joe Henderson

Awesome! Congratulations Lindsey! Congrats to her proud dad too. Enjoy the extra taxi cab driver too (your older daughter). My oldest is dragging his feet about driving, he's had his permit since June but has only been out driving 3 times so far! Confused Basketball is such a strategic game - communication between players is key. I enjoy watching jr. high aged players, they are still discovering their talents at that age and have such ambition - that makes for such a great game. My daughter played for while but she didn't like it, and it showed on the court (soccer is her thing). But there were a bunch of players who were/are very talented and helped me to appreciate the game.

Michelle

Congrats to your daughter --- so exciting! Cool
                    2009: BQ?

Think Whirled Peas

That's really good news Rick! Congrats to your daughter. Basketball's a great game and I'm sure she'll love it!

Just because running is simple does not mean it is easy.

Relentless. Forward. Motion. <repeat>

Another Passion

Thanks, everyone! She was really stoked because she didn't think she was going to make it given many of the other girls trying out have been playing much longer and on travel leagues and such.

Rick