Scatter graph color coded by run type (Read 125 times)

It would be nice if there was a feature that each run type were a different color on the scatter graph (top) just like the bar graph (bottom) because it's very hard to read my slower runs when spanning almost 4 years on the bar graph.

eric :)

Hi Girlygirljess,

I think you created a graph of your activities.  If you select only run entries, then each workout type would be in its own color.

eric Smile

Hi Eric, I tried selecting run as my activity but I can only do it for the bar type.  I think it's probably a bug or glitch when I select the run activity but doesn't color code the run types on the scatter graph.

Below is the scatter graph with the run activity selected but no run type color coded.

Oh!  The other thing you need to do is change the x-axis.  The default is group by day, which means speed (y-axis) is the average of the day's workouts, even if there's only one workout in the day.  When the value is an average, it can't display as individual workouts.  You need to change the x-axis to Date (not grouped) so that each point represents a workout.

Hm... it's rendering distance instead of speed.  Let me look into it.

npaden

I tried to do this with pace and speed and they both ended up showing distance instead.

Current PR's:  Mara 3:14:36* (2017); HM 1:36:13 (2017); 10K 43:59 (2014); 5K 21:12 (2016)

Oh!  The other thing you need to do is change the x-axis.  The default is group by day, which means speed (y-axis) is the average of the day's workouts, even if there's only one workout in the day.  When the value is an average, it can't display as individual workouts.  You need to change the x-axis to Date (not grouped) so that each point represents a workout.

Hm... it's rendering distance instead of speed.  Let me look into it.

Hi Eric, It's now rendering speed when I select the date (not grouped) option on the X-axis and run as the activity selection but no color coded run types for speed on the Y-axis except for distance on the scatter graph.

Hi Girlygirljess,

I am aware of the problem and I'm still looking into it.

eric Smile