Shorts that don't ride up. (Read 217 times)

Youredoingwhat

My wife bought me a pair of Colosseum  2 in 1 shorts that are fantastic, they are about 6" to 7" long perfect running shorts for me.  They DON'T ride up when I run.  I definately do not have large thighs or legs but these are the only shorts I have ever had that stay down when I run.  The problem is I cant find them anymore to buy more and mine are wearing out, I have been running in them pretty much for 2 years three to four times a week.  On their website it doesn't look like the sell to the general public.  Does anyone else have a good experience with longer running shorts that stay down where they are suppose to?

sugnim

Try these:

Youredoingwhat

I don't think anyone would want to see me in those!

#artbydmcbride

Uh, no reason, but....where is this race?  Blush

Try these:

Runners run

sugnim

Uh, no reason, but....where is this race?  Blush

It looks like it's in South Africa.  You could go enjoy the race & the Pistroius hearing at the same time.

Have the same problem.  I am not going to wear a sunga (Brazilian word for speedos) and your other choice usually in stores is ghetto basketball "shorts" that are long enough to trip over!  Don't they just make regular shorts anymore?

I finally did find some online and all my shorts now are size L.  Technically they are "training" shorts.  I used to wear XL when in fact my waist has gotten smaller the past 10 years.  I guess that is to make people feel better that they don't have the larger size on the tag?  America is such a healthy place!

StartingOver42

faster than a glacier

I used to wear XL when in fact my waist has gotten smaller the past 10 years.  I guess that is to make people feel better that they don't have the larger size on the tag? 

Exactly. There's even a name for it in the clothes industry. "Vanity Sizing". Especially common in women's clothes. A size 12 or 14 (just an example) is MUCH bigger than it was 10 years ago. Because if a woman is deciding between 2 garments, and one is a 12 and one is a 14, she'll buy the 12 (generally) even if the fit is the same. Just a  psychological thing i guess.

I have the same problem, shorts riding up.

Rather than find shorts that don't ride up, I have always found shorts with a liner that doesn't ride up.  I don't care if the outer material rides up a little, as long as the inner layer stays in place and prevent chaffing.

I have a few pairs of Nike's that are great for this, as are my Lululemon running shorts

2018 Goals

Figure out the achilles thing...... and THEN try to get running regularly again.

No racing goals 

duckman

The Irreverent Reverend

I wear these compression shorts on every run. They keep things where they need to be, and nothing rides up or falls down, so we're all good.

http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-158907/pgid-457646

Husband. Father of three. Lutheran pastor. National Guardsman. Runner. Political junkie. Baseball fan.

Better I Leave

Try these:

Hey! I've got one of those...but in leather and chrome.

SheCan

I like that this thread has 9 replies and 179 views.  Okay, i admit, i looked at it about 100 times.

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson