Elevation service temporarily unavailable. (Read 640 times)

Jeffrey

Eric, I am trying to generate an elevation for this map (http://www.runningahead.com/groups/hmt/Maps/25b8523f9ca24431a81c39566a3d2977) but I continue to receive the message "Elevation service temporarily unavailable". I have been trying for a couple of days now using different computers and different web browsers. Any ideas?
    eric :)

squidboy, USGS is sporadic again. Much of Europe is out right now as well. I'm working on a more reliable solution right now. I don't have a time frame for it but hopefully I'll get it done soon. eric Smile
      Jeffrey

Thanks Eric. I will keep trying; hopefully USGS gets their system functional again soon.
        The Plodder

I am trying to add a new course in - really just want the name to select rather than the map, but doesn't load, just freezes and have to shut browser down - it has worked before. Is it the same issue as above? Excuse my ignorance. Sorry just read the guidance am on Windows 98, Internet Explorer v6.0
          eric :)

I noticed that occasionally, the browser locks up. I don't know if this issue is specific to IE, or Firefox has the same problem. Anyhow, I'm pretty sure it's something that Google did since I haven't uploaded any new code in the last several weeks (you can thank GPS upload for sapping up all my time). Google's code automatically updates itself, so if there's a bug in their code, it will appear on all the sites as well. Maybe they'll have it fixed soon.