Favorite yoga for runners youtube clip and why (Read 281 times)

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

I am looking for suggestions for yoga clips on youtube

I will say what most will probably say, and that is Google is your answer.  I Googled "yoga for runners youtube" and got back 4 videos and a plethora of links to other videos.. one being the top 10 yoga for runners videos which I posted the link below

http://yogawarriorx.blogspot.com/2015/08/Yoga-for-Runners-Youtube.html

Good luck!

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Thank you!

Kalsarikännit

I always thought that I should love yoga...zen and stretchy and all that stuff, but I secretly hate it. If I'm beat up from running, sun salutations stink. And I always have an instructor that is showing off some crane pose. Not helpful.

I discovered yin yoga, thanks to someone on RA. It is everything I wanted. Passive stretches that are held for an extended period.  Also, it is where a lot of the "Yoga for Runners" stuff comes from.  I think it is worth looking up yin yoga when doing searches on line for clips/DVD's/etc.

I want to do it because I want to do it.  -Amelia Earhart

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Thank you.  Will do!

jackburton

I'm always suspicious when anyone asks "What is your...(insert) and why?"  It sounds like marketing speak.  Or a job interview.

Part of the fun of finding out new things is looking for them.  Go on youtube and look.

jackburton

Joann Y

Like I thought....

http://agonyofdafeet.com/more-massage-marketing/

These are in no way related. Agony of Dafeet is a team here at Running Ahead playing in the 2016 game. Mdolley has been around a while and is a legit person. I do get what you are saying but doesn't apply here.

CMJHawk86

If you have an iPhone, there is a free app called YogaStudio that isn't bad. They even have a couple of Yoga for Runners routines. I often do the 30 minute one at home. You can also build your own tailored session if you want.

There's no substitute for going to an actual studio though.

trkane59

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

These are in no way related. Agony of Dafeet is a team here at Running Ahead playing in the 2016 game. Mdolley has been around a while and is a legit person. I do get what you are saying but doesn't apply here.

Thanks for that Joann.  Although I will note that I've been around a while kind of made me laugh  Smile

mdolley

Funky kicks 2019

Also thank you eveytone for your replies  - CMJ Hawk and trkane!

Joann Y

Thanks for that Joann.  Although I will note that I've been around a while kind of made me laugh  Smile

Around Running Ahead anyway Smile  I don't know how long you've been around but long enough for me to notice!

Blaf

I like the routine below:

26 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOwXkNv3vK0

It is just 4 poses, but it is fun, relaxing and a good stretch for hips and glutes.

Runner since 2012

Marathon PB: 3:40:32

I have a feeling that some people are little too uptight for this but, Naked Yoga videos, check'em out. I dig them, tastefully done, hot chicks, etc. Usually leads to me and a lady friend wrinkeling the sheets.