coolrunning survey (Read 253 times)

sluggo

John

Anyone else get a survey request from coolrunning? They want to know what "changes and improvements are needed."

Personally, I find this laughable. After all these years after they screwed up with Active.com they want to know how to improve their site? Didn't they get a hint after everyone left in droves?

I responded. Said that they had no hope of ever getting me back.

John
    www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

Queen of 3rd Place

Oh, I would love to get that request. Let me at 'em.

Ex runner

joescott

Anyone else get a survey request from coolrunning? They want to know what "changes and improvements are needed."

Personally, I find this laughable. After all these years after they screwed up with Active.com they want to know how to improve their site? Didn't they get a hint after everyone left in droves?

I responded. Said that they had no hope of ever getting me back.

Yes, I got this notice also and intend to tell them basically the same thing you did!!

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

joescott

Oh, I would love to get that request. Let me at 'em.

The email I got said it would only work for my email address?  But here's the link just in case it might work for others:

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=p8DRfkNHyHEFjuWPe9WzxQ_3d_3d

"This link is uniquely tied to this survey and your email address. Please do not forward this message."

- Joe

We are fragile creatures on collision with our judgment day.

did y'all leave cos of a collective nomenclature dispute?

My leg won't stop mooing.

i think i've got a calf injury.

Yes I got an email too. I also responded that I'm never coming back. It sure was funny that they sent this out now, after all this time. How many years has it been anyway?

eric :)

Active was bought recently:

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2013-09-30/active-network-to-be-taken-private-by-vista-for-1-05-billion.html

Maybe it's part of the new owners' attempt in salvaging their property.

sluggo

John

Somebody paid $1 billion in cash for Active Networks!? There must be more to Active than a running community.

Eric, Would you sell runningahead for $500 million? That would be an offer you could not refuse!

Active Network Inc. (ACTV), a company that manages online registration for marathons, business conferences and other events, agreed to be acquired by private-equity firm Vista Equity Partners for about $1.05 billion in cash.

John
                  www.wickedrunningclub.com

In the beginning, the universe was created.This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move.

--- Douglas Adams, in "The Restaurant at the End of the Universe"

an amazing likeness

Somebody paid $1 billion in cash for Active Networks!? There must be more to Active than a running community.

Active's minimum fee is $3.25 per registration processed.  Active's web site reports processing over 90 million transactions annually, so that's nearly $300 million in revenue alone. Then add in the revenue from product advertising in the various newsletters, and all the other stuff.... and $1B doesn't seem out of whack.

Acceptable at a dance, invaluable in a shipwreck.

eric :)

Also, I read that Active was never profitable, which would explain why the sale.  It doesn't explain why they were not profitable, even with the outrageously high fees.

Also, I won't be greedy.  If I am offered $100 million, I'll sell RA in a heart beat.  I like you guys, but $100 million can buy me new friends.

Kerry1976

Master of the Side Eye

We love you too, Eric! 

TRUST THE PROCESS

Tiefsa

Also, I read that Active was never profitable, which would explain why the sale.  It doesn't explain why they were not profitable, even with the outrageously high fees.

Also, I won't be greedy.  If I am offered $100 million, I'll sell RA in a heart beat.  I like you guys, but $100 million can buy me new friends.

Ouch!

zoom-zoom

rectumdamnnearkilledem

Make new friends, but keep the old...

one is silver and the other's gold!

Getting the wind knocked out of you is the only way to

remind your lungs how much they like the taste of air.    

~ Sarah Kay

keeponrunning

I understand as long as keeping the girls' group as it currently exists is part of the of the deal.  If not, you might have an angry wife, and any man knows keeping the wife happy is priceless Wink

Sulphur Springs 50km-- Ancaster, ON-- May 28, 2022

Tally in the Valley 12 hours-- Dundas, ON -- July 30, 2022 (Support SickKids Toronto)

Stokely Creek-- 56km-- Sault Ste. Marie, ON-- Sept. 24, 2022

BeeRunB

Ah, Coolrunning... I grew up there. Left when the exodus happened and Eric parted the Cyber Sea and welcomed us to the promised land.

If a race had registration on Active, but a choice to mail in a check, I mailed in the check. Never liked paying a fee just to pay my fee. Plus, for awhile there, if you weren't careful, you could end up signing up for Active without realizing it.

Good to be here.

Hope Eric eventually sells out and makes his retirement money. He deserves it.

(just hope it happens in a few years. I like the way things are right now)